• 2022 Football Schedule

#49662  by Fred Garvin
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:02 pm
After reading the posts of Mr. Positive I have decided to slit my wrists. I have heard a vertical cut toward the elbow does a much better job . I want to bleed out as quickly as possible to avoid the 11 game schedule that includes an exhibition.
Sir William, AstroDin, Paul C and 1 others liked this
 #49663  by FUpaladin08
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:26 pm
I’ll try a positive spin.

We have a very important conference game at ETSU the third game of the season. Clemson won’t prepare us much for that so I’m glad we have NGU at home in the first game. Many of CCH’s schedules have had us looking at 1-2 or 0-3 to start the season. With a young QB and new OC I’m completely fine scheduling a glorified scrimmage in game 1 so we’re hitting someone not in purple and white to gauge the new season.

As it was already said, the goal is to win the conference and remove the need for FCS voters to give us a shot. NGU to start the season has a ton more benefit than when we had Point to close the season. I appreciate the home game, easing into the schedule, and the potential at a few more folks in the visiting stands. Not saying NGU travels well but it looks like they averaged just under 3k fans at home. No reason those folks won’t come to Paladin Stadium (or at least half of them) and make for a much better visiting crowd than we get from most opponents.
FU69 liked this
 #49664  by Sir William
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:47 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
After reading the posts of Mr. Positive I have decided to slit my wrists. I have heard a vertical cut toward the elbow does a much better job . I want to bleed out as quickly as possible to avoid the 11 game schedule that includes an exhibition.
:D Hilarious!
FurmAlum liked this
 #49669  by FurmAlum
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:45 pm
Sir William wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:47 pm
Fred Garvin wrote:
:D Hilarious!
Should have a back-up plan in case the knife is dull. Take 30 sleeping pills then rig up a shotgun with a string tied to the trigger. Failsafe.
 #49670  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:56 pm
gman84 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:03 pm
I'm glad Clemson doesn't look at us like some of us look at NGU. We are not in a position to dictate to the college football world that we only play D I games and only at home. I would like 6 home games every year, but it ain't happening right now. I'm also glad our strength and conditioning staff, co-OC, and my son who just finished his GA position at NGU feel different.
New flash. Clemson (at least Clemson fans) DOES look at us like some look at NGU. Likewise for the same way that most FBS teams look at us (at least, to Clemson's everlasting credit, Clemson continues to play us occasionally; very nearby, very highly ranked FBS apparently never will again; and while I am crediting FBS teams that will play FCS teams, I find it admirable that Duke will readily play NCCU and NCA&T SU; and admirable that Michigan State played us about 5 years ago).
They (all FBS teams) should NOT look at us "that way" ("we think we're too good to play you"). WE should NOT look at NGU that way.
FU69 liked this
 #49672  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:21 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:55 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:45 am
JohnKX512 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:40 am
That North Greenville game will be a good warm up for Clemson.
……and is a huge disappointment as far as making the playoffs. May as well had a bye as this game does not count. Means nothing, The 2 non conference games are very disappointing. VMI has 6 home games with 2 ooc D1 home games. Why can’t we do better???
I have no problem with us playing NG. Every year is a wild card on how the committee will view southern schools.
I think its good for the team to get some action in before Clemson and then the real season.
In every other way, other than the nonsensical priorities of the FCS Playoff Selection Committee, playing North Greenville is great. Just like Clemson playing Furman is great. But…the FCS Playoff Selection Committee does not live in the real world. They have capricious, outdated guidelines that ‘reject’ the idea that Furman playing North Greenville is great & they will penalize (if possible) Furman for violating their anachronistic sensibilities.
Yeah, probably right.
So ...is the world ending:
- now?
- when a large number of our players enter the transfer portal due to not liking the NGU and CSU games?
- when we play NGU (possibly even losing to them)?
- when Clemson beats us by some historically embarrassing score?
- when we fail to get in to the playoffs?
- when we find out that our seeding and bracket in the playoffs are not optimal?
- none of the above; it already ended as soon as we knew the 2022 football schedule?
Last edited by Affirm on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #49673  by cavedweller2
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:22 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:26 pm
I appreciate the home game, easing into the schedule, and the potential at a few more folks in the visiting stands. Not saying NGU travels well but it looks like they averaged just under 3k fans at home. No reason those folks won’t come to Paladin Stadium (or at least half of them) and make for a much better visiting crowd than we get from most opponents.
Tigerville will be a ghost town that Thursday night. The mountain inbreds will poor out of the Dark Corner and invade our campus in a manner and with behavior that will make us think we are playing the huntington huns once again.
FUBeAR liked this
 #49675  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:30 pm
I see some positives about the schedule:
1. We play Clemson.
2. We have Wofford at home the last game of the season.
apaladin liked this
 #49676  by bj93
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:45 pm
When is the last time (if ever) we have played on a Thursday night?
 #49679  by Roundball
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:08 pm
Seriously, if we cannot win the auto-bid in a weak SoCon, we don’t deserve to get into the playoffs. As for the schedule itself, when is the last time we had no back to back home games?
 #49681  by Affirm
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:03 pm
Roundball wrote:
Seriously, if we cannot win the auto-bid in a weak SoCon, we don’t deserve to get into the playoffs. As for the schedule itself, when is the last time we had no back to back home games?
I’ll put that on my list as #3.
 #49683  by FUBeAR
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:49 pm
Roundball wrote:
Seriously, if we cannot win the auto-bid in a weak SoCon, we don’t deserve to get into the playoffs.
Proverbs 17:28 is way underrated
Roundball liked this
 #49689  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:39 pm
affirm wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:56 pm
gman84 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:03 pm
I'm glad Clemson doesn't look at us like some of us look at NGU. We are not in a position to dictate to the college football world that we only play D I games and only at home. I would like 6 home games every year, but it ain't happening right now. I'm also glad our strength and conditioning staff, co-OC, and my son who just finished his GA position at NGU feel different.
New flash. Clemson (at least Clemson fans) DOES look at us like some look at NGU. Likewise for the same way that most FBS teams look at us (at least, to Clemson's everlasting credit, Clemson continues to play us occasionally; very nearby, very highly ranked FBS apparently never will again; and while I am crediting FBS teams that will play FCS teams, I find it admirable that Duke will readily play NCCU and NCA&T SU; and admirable that Michigan State played us about 5 years ago).
They (all FBS teams) should NOT look at us "that way" ("we think we're too good to play you"). WE should NOT look at NGU that way.
Not looking “that way” at N. Greenville at all. If the game counted all would be good.
 #49690  by Flagman
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 pm
The last Thursday night game was against Jax State. Can’t remember the year. Long, long ago.
 #49692  by Flagman
 Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:56 pm
My complaint is that we have no consecutive home games. The travel schedule is horrible. Plus, we have to go to Charleston twice. Why did we ever agree to play in a 4,000 seat stadium? And who decided a Thursday night game would be good for our fans? I know quite a few who will be unable to attend because Friday is a work day. Is ESPN picking up this game for a national telecast? That would be the only reason for us to play on a Thursday night.
apaladin, hypercycloid, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.