• Another Ask The AD

#49486  by DanScott
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:53 pm
Okay folks… I know you’re waiting on another hoops podcast. And so am I. But… Jason Donnelly’s monthly interviews resume on Feb. 1 - so leave questions on all things Furman in this thread.
 #49487  by FU69
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:14 pm
Not really a question, but a comment.
I thoroughly enjoy listening to FM 95.9, which consists of replays of FU football and basketball games. I believe that used to be a student-run station. Since there is still the license,
I think its use for constant rebroadcast of FU games is fantastic. I drive mostly in the Berea, Cherrydale, TR area and can get most of the time.
I’ve sat and listened in my car to games even if I have arrived at my destination. So enjoyable to hear some of the best games, especially if they are towards ending. Thanks, Dan. Great idea.
DanScott, apaladin, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #49488  by HammerTKE
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:34 pm
I know that we're all in agreement about the need for improvements at Timmons to raise the quality of the arena, to a level that matches the outstanding quality of our Basketball program. Are there any updates that can be shared publicly regarding the next phases in this process?
din23, apaladin, underjack and 3 others liked this
 #49490  by furpop16
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:51 pm
HammerTKE wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:34 pm
I know that we're all in agreement about the need for improvements at Timmons to raise the quality of the arena, to a level that matches the outstanding quality of our Basketball program. Are there any updates that can be shared publicly regarding the next phases in this process?

I second the above question ... and would follow-up with when might we expect to see any renderings? Thanks, Dan!
FurmanFan23 liked this
 #49491  by furpop16
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:02 pm
A question I have for the AD: What changes, if any, would he like to see at the SoCon level? Broadcast rights, for example? Or perhaps additions to the league? (If the latter, which? the likelihood? and impact on FB as well as basketball?). Thank you!
 #49493  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:42 pm
1. When will the football schedule be released?
2. Is the Tennessee football game still on for 2026?
3. Why can’t FU ever be in one of the major pre-season and/or holiday basketball tournaments?
furpop16 liked this
 #49496  by Flagman
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:09 pm
It’s too late to change, but why did we install metal detectors at Paladin stadium and Timmons arena? Was there a threat? Did someone believe it would sanitize us against Covid?
Roundball, underjack, din23 and 3 others liked this
 #49497  by FU3
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:34 pm
Our existing lighting system at Paladin Stadium results in field lighting that is the equivalent of a bad middle school.Our scoreboard and video screen seem to have issues almost every game. I know much has been done to upgrade the game day experience but wondering are there any plans to address these issues?
bj93, FU69, QCGlue liked this
 #49498  by Roundball
 Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
It’s too late to change, but why did we install metal detectors at Paladin stadium and Timmons arena? Was there a threat? Did someone believe it would sanitize us against Covid?
Good question. We put our stuff into a bowl that just had someone else’s stuff in it. Seems like a great way to get germs, including Covid. Makes no sense.
 #49516  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:55 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Good question. We put our stuff into a bowl that just had someone else’s stuff in it. Seems like a great way to get germs, including Covid. Makes no sense.
CDC says risk of transmitting Covid via surfaces is 1 in 10,000 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n ... ssion.html

Since we AVG’d ~10,000/game last year, just don’t be ‘that guy’ and you’re all good.
 #49517  by FUBeAR
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:13 am
Besides scheduling to meet the Playoff Selection Committee’s approval (D1 cupcakes / transitioning / non-schollies >>>> any D2 or NAIA, etc.) and winning all OOC games, what can SoCon Schools / Athletics / Football programs do to improve…

1) the perception of SoCon Football
2) the # of Teams that receive at-large bids
3) the ‘draw’ of those bids (seeds, home games, more favorable 2nd round match-ups)????????

Currently, the Playoffs are a travesty of circular logic & resemble a DualConference (MVFC & Big Sky) Sponsored Post-Season Invitational more than a true National Playoff. With the CAA adding 2 lesser and losing 1 ‘morer’ program, several Teams in that Conference are now primed to fashion gaudy records via scheduling as the Big Sky Teams have done for years. So while it may become a Tri-Conference Invitational, it will likely become even worse for the SoCon & other conferences outside those 3.

Just remember, the CAA’s 3rd best Team in 2021 lost to a SoCon Team that didn’t sniff a single SoCon win all season…yet, scheduling and circular logic will probably result in the CAA getting 4 or 5 at-large bids & multiple Top 8 seeds in 2022, while the SoCon only gets its AQ bid with a ‘bad draw.’
 #49525  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:48 pm
Flagman wrote:
Prolly makes for a quicker entrance instead of everyone being wanded.
 #49527  by Sad Din
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:49 pm
When is the Athletic Strategic Plan coming out? And does it include new radio facility, broadcast Team and big pay raise for Dan Scott! Thats what Dins Fans really wanna know...
FUBeAR, furpop16, underjack liked this
 #49529  by FUpaladin08
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:33 pm
Just curious about his thoughts on conference realignment at all levels, but particularly at FCS with Big South/CAA/ASUN-WAC/OVC moves. Is some consolidation inevitable for football to prevent so many smaller conferences? What is the state of the SoCon for football and basketball members? What if any impact will any of this have on the SoCon?
FUBeAR liked this
 #49530  by FU3
 Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:35 pm
It has been almost 2 years since FU dropped baseball. What are the plans for the stadium and field house?
FUpaladin08 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.