• VMI @ Furman Paladins, Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2022

#49439  by Sad Din
 Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:09 pm
Fuonetime wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:48 pm
disappointed in attendance. marketing dept has to come up with more ideas. CBR is doing his part and team is playing exciting winning BB!
Maybe the marketing department can make Covid disappear.
u not gonna use the covid thing r u? Its basketball man....
 #49442  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:43 pm
Never thought they’d cover the spread at the 6 minute mark, was just hoping for a W. Spread had dropped to 8.5 so a lot of disappointed peeps that bet on VMI. Good win. Not a great shooting night but made up for it in other areas.
 #49446  by purplehorse
 Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:46 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:15 pm
At a school like Furman, its more like church is keeping some away I feel like, SoCon should move games to either Tuesday or Thursday
The coaches like the two full days between Wed-Sat games. I would prefer Sat-Mon OR Sat-Tues. I would love to know why the conference changed to Sat-Wed.
 #49447  by youwouldno
 Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm
Seven of the top 25 teams in D-I 3-point attempt % are in the SoCon (the Paladins are 3rd overall out of 358). Of the other three SoCon teams, one is 60th and the other two are around average. The perimeter-oriented motion offenses that spread in the league are likely the main reason the SoCon has improved significantly in the past 7-8 years.

The only SoCon team below average in offense, UNC-G, is also the league's top defense and a top 100 overall defense. The other nine teams are average or above offensively, with four in the top 75 nationally. (KenPom's efficiency rankings are adjusted for level of opponent, hence SoCon teams are not benefitting from playing weaker opponents, etc.)

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.