• Timmons Renovations

#48905  by FurmanFan23
 Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:00 pm
According to both the men's and women's basketball twitter, the locker room is now done!

#49008  by Roundball
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:36 am
I heard last night that all games next year will be at The Well while renovations are being completed at Timmons.If true, I sure hope season ticket prices don’t go up again.
dornb liked this
 #49021  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:44 am
Roundball wrote:
I heard last night that all games next year will be at The Well while renovations are being completed at Timmons.If true, I sure hope season ticket prices don’t go up again.
That would be awesome!! Pretty reliable source?
 #49023  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:52 pm
Roundball wrote:
I think ticket prices going up a little bit is a decent trade off if it means we get to finally have Timmons fully updated
apaladin, underjack, FU69 liked this
 #49026  by RaleighDin
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:00 pm
Not to mention that this hopefully means CBR would be sticking around for a few more years at LEAST if we're giving him a new arena. Facilities to match the quality of the people and the product they put on the floor!
apaladin, HammerTKE, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #49036  by FUpaladin08
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:57 pm
Wonder where they would practice? Old Alley gym? Lay center?
Wouldn’t they need to build a practice court if Timmons is converted to a proper arena? I would think a practice court could be built first before any major construction began.
 #49039  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:30 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:57 pm
Wonder where they would practice? Old Alley gym? Lay center?
Wouldn’t they need to build a practice court if Timmons is converted to a proper arena? I would think a practice court could be built first before any major construction began.
Don’t know but sounds like a huge expenditure for one year. No reason they couldn’t practice in Timmons like now after its complete.
 #49048  by Sad Din
 Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:44 pm
Roundball wrote:
u sure you didn hear that all the students were going to the Well while renovations are completed at Blackwell hall?
FUpaladin08, Roundball, QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #49168  by Sad Din
 Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:12 pm
From the student paper in Feb:

Next, the conversation shifted to a basketball focus. After an image leaked on the Unofficial Furman Sports Page hinting at a new stadium, Donnelly said that they are in the works of a full makeover to Timmons Arena. First, the outside of the arena will be renovated to look more appealing. “Right now, when you drive past Timmons, you wouldn't have even known you drove by an arena” according to Donnelly, so these renovations seek to enhance Furman’s curb appeal. The second part of these renovations will be focused on the interior of the arena in order to transform the fan experience. It will include features such as 360-degree concourse seating, improved student seating, donor seating, luxury boxes, and an entertainment deck for everyone to enjoy. “The whole purpose to this is that Timmons provides a great home court advantage and the building itself has got really good bones… we can do a comprehensive renovation with what it has to offer” explained Donnelly. These factors have an impact on recruiting, retainment, and overall revenue. In addition to the Timmons’ renovation, there will be a men’s and women’s practice facility to maximize the use of the arena. These renovations are still in development, but Donnelly said, “I think things are going really well… we have got to land a corner stone gift to really unlock the potential... We are really excited...when we can share more about it, we will”.

Just need one of you multi-millionaires to offer up the $$$. Remember its tax season so u can take as tax deduction
 #49176  by cavedweller2
 Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 am
If they hadn’t gotten rid of the asphalt courts behind the old gym they would have a place to practice.
 #49476  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:04 pm
Was looking at Timmons last night. Here’s what I think may happen. In order to make it a 360 degree arena the court will have to run opposite of the way it is now. The large beam over the stands opposite the scorers table would likely not be moved. That would become the end zone. The sideline seats would be where the end zone/Wicked Weed are now. There would be plenty of room for sideline seating, luxury boxes, 360 degree concourse with this configuration. Thoughts?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by paladinfan41

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:02 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.