• Week 7 SoCon

#4837  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Well, FURMAN BEAT WOFFORD. Did I mention that.?

Meanwhile, at the Batcave...

Yale Beat Mercer - that doesn't help the SoCon

ETSU escapes the Citadel 26-23.. thought we might get one loss on everyone but congrats to ETSU. they keep winnin' (kinda like Woff last year)

Samford KILLS VMI 73 - 22. That scares me some. this isn't your grandfather's VMI team. They had been playing ok ball. Samford is now playing well against lower teams - WCU without Adams and VMI

And Chatt went into WCU and won 26-6. Not sure how healthy Adams is but he played..
 #4851  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:57 pm
You are correct that the Yale vs Mercer score does not help the SoCon.
Regarding Samford:
1. Samford has scored 56, 66, 66, and now 73 points in wins. And they have scored 41 in a loss at Miss State and 26 in a loss at FSU.
2. Samford’s 10 points against Kennesaw State does not look good for the SoCon.
 #4869  by gman
 Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 am
gofurman wrote:

ETSU escapes the Citadel 26-23.. thought we might get one loss on everyone but congrats to ETSU. they keep winnin' (kinda like Woff last year)

Samford KILLS VMI 73 - 22. That scares me some. this isn't your grandfather's VMI team. They had been playing ok ball. Samford is now playing well against lower teams - WCU without Adams and VMI

And Chatt went into WCU and won 26-6. Not sure how healthy Adams is but he played..
Nothing about a winless VMI team is scary.
 #4894  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:26 pm
gman wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 am
gofurman wrote:

Nothing about a winless VMI team is scary.

I hear ya. But VMI lost 50-52 (and droppped a wide open 2 pt conversion to go to OT ) to Western at WCU. and lost to SoCon leader ETSU 27-24. They have improved. The Samford game 70-20 over VMI kinda changes things though.

They were very competitive for a while. They lost by 3 to ETSU who beat us by 2. They lost by 2 AT western who
We beat by 6. But yes Woff and Samford killed them.