• Mercer @ Furman Jan. 8 (Bon Secours Wellness Arena)

#48850  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:47 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:45 pm
Wacky SoCon
VMI that beat us loses to UNCG that we beat today by 16 in Lexington
All 5 SoCon games today were decided by double digits. Paladins covered the spread and now are in sole possession of second place behind the unbeatable Mocs.
 #48860  by Davemeister
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:02 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:07 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:06 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:54 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:54 pm
Have been multiple games this year that the pep band has not attended, they don't seem very committed is you ask me

I see dance team and cheerleaders at the game today but no band

I know some of those guys are on scholarship, seems they should have to attend more of these games then they actually do, but I don't think they seem to care much
I have a family member in the band. They would have been there if allowed….

What, why not allowed I don't get it?
If that is the case, whomever didn’t allow it should be fired.

Somebody doesn't want Live Music to compete with the DJ.
 #48873  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:37 pm
The Net rankings likes large victory margins. Samford beat #256 WCU by 25 and jumped 29 spots. Furman beat #215 Mercer by 15 and went up one spot. Granted the higher you are ranked the harder it is to move up. FU is currently #105.
 #48883  by tya1
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 pm
Interesting that we now have beaten two SoCon teams that feature their inside game in Mercer and UNCG and lost to VMI, who may have the best low post player in the conference but are mainly a three point shooting team. Wofford is also an inside oriented team this year. UTC has balance but most of the other SoCon teams are guard or wing reliant. Our smaller lineups haven't really hurt us against bigger guys.
 #48886  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:02 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 pm
Interesting that we now have beaten two SoCon teams that feature their inside game in Mercer and UNCG and lost to VMI, who may have the best low post player in the conference but are mainly a three point shooting team. Wofford is also an inside oriented team this year. UTC has balance but most of the other SoCon teams are guard or wing reliant. Our smaller lineups haven't really hurt us against bigger guys.
Knock on wood. 😁 Especially with ET coming in Wenesday.
 #48912  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:36 am
Speaking of the Well I heard thru the grapevine that a covid issue kept the pep band away Saturday. Since FU gives a lot to the BSWA and the only one that plays games on that court except hs playoffs I think that floors needs a couple of diamond F’s. Can’t see the future but kinda wish we had scheduled UTC instead of uncg at the Well.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.