• Mercer @ Furman Jan. 8 (Bon Secours Wellness Arena)

#48704  by furpop16
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:11 pm
As some have already mentioned on here, yes Bob Richey will indeed be seeking win #100 for his head coaching career at Furman this Saturday.
Wikipedia has not added the past two games yet but his record overall is 99-41
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Richey

Does the VMI loss count against him or Growe?
 #48705  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:06 pm
furpop16 wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
As some have already mentioned on here, yes Bob Richey will indeed be seeking win #100 for his head coaching career at Furman this Saturday.

Did not think of that but that is a great question

My guess is at VMI loss this year will go against Richey as he was still head coach, when he got the loss vs. St. Peters in CIT semifinals to start his career Niko Medved had already left the team and Richey was named interim head coach, but I honestly don't know for sure
Last edited by DungeonRealm on Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #48706  by Affirm
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:06 pm
furpop16 wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

My guess is against Richey.
 #48707  by HammerTKE
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:06 pm
I'm not sure what the weather will be like on Saturday, but if anyone is looking for a parking lot at The Well that allows and encourages tailgating, you can go to my friend's lot at 408 North Church Street. It's located between the parking garage and the back entrance of the arena. I think the parking garage charges $10 and his lot will be charging $8.

On a relevant side note, I hope that we have a great crowd on Saturday to cheer the guys on to a big win! Mercer only lost by 3 in OT to Winthrop earlier this season, so like pretty much all of our SoCon opponents this year, we should expect a very competitive game. I'm hoping that Garrison is back by Saturday, as I missed seeing his energy out there last night.

It'll be interesting to see which of our young guys takes on the challenge of the big stage this weekend to elevate their game, like we saw from a young Mike Bothwell at the Well against Wofford a couple of years ago.
 #48708  by Flagman
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
You realize, don't you, that Wikipedia isn't an authoritative source of information. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can change information in Wikipedia.
underjack liked this
 #48711  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:40 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:16 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
You realize, don't you, that Wikipedia isn't an authoritative source of information. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can change information in Wikipedia.
True, but it is correct on Bob Richey
You can check with ESPN past schedules if you are interested:
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... e/_/id/231
 #48712  by apaladin
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:41 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 pm
Key SoCon game, as they all are
What type of crowd can we expect downtown this Saturday?
Don’t know if you can go by what is showing on the ticketmaster site as to what is available. If it is accurate there would be a very good crowd. Another issue is students. Campus housing, food etc opens Saturday and classes start Monday. The pep band and some students would make a huge difference as far as atmosphere goes.
 #48714  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:48 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:41 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:09 pm
Key SoCon game, as they all are
What type of crowd can we expect downtown this Saturday?
Don’t know if you can go by what is showing on the ticketmaster site as to what is available. If it is accurate there would be a very good crowd. Another issue is students. Campus housing, food etc opens Saturday and classes start Monday. The pep band and some students would make a huge difference as far as atmosphere goes.
Exactly
I hope there is a plan in place to bus the band and some students over to put them on the courtside endzone seats
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.