• January 1 in the SoCon

#48487  by Flagman
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:10 am
Five games scheduled; only one to be played, Furman@VMI. The SoCon has made it too easy for schools to opt out. The new policy allowing opt-outs without penalty is ridiculous. These teams can do something to prevent infections. ISOLATE THEIR ATHLETES! Especially during the academic break. We all remember the difficulties the conference had last year rescheduling games. Why is seven scholarship players the magic number? If they’re available, use your walk-on players. You play who you have, or you forfeit.
cavedweller2 and 1 others liked this
 #48488  by Flagman
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:21 am
I won’t be surprised if the arenas go with limited attendance pretty soon.
 #48489  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:45 am
I understand the thought to keep the players at home during the break. I had the same thought. However, it would be difficult to tell a young man or young woman to not visit with family during the Christmas break. Family is more important than the game of basketball. As for limited attendance, I hope they start enforcing the mask rule first. Better yet, I wish adults would use some courtesy and think of others before yourself. Wear a mask at the games, or risk not seeing our Paladins play at all. It's up to us.
Flagman, MNORM liked this
 #48493  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:00 am
The cancellations are ridiculous. This new strain poses zero risk to young athletes. If no symptoms, don’t test. We are cancelling games for no reason. This strain is very mild by all accounts, no worse than a cold. Everyone is freaking out because the Covid name is attached to it, fueled by the ever present fear mongerng media.

BTW- kudos to Samford for not opting out Wednesday with 2 starters missing when they could have.
 #48535  by furpop16
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:00 am
BTW- kudos to Samford for not opting out Wednesday with 2 starters missing when they could have.

Great point!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.