• Timmons Arena stuff

#48113  by greenvegas
 Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:20 pm
The Notre Dame Cathedral that burned down will be completely rebuilt to its original medieval glory long before the actual arena part of Timmons Arena is improved. In fact, they will probably build a basketball arena for the monks to play pick-up basketball games in right next to the rebuilt Notre Dame Cathedral long before the actual arena part of Timmons Arena is improved. And Furman will schedule a home and home series with these high flying basketball playing monks so that they can rub their state of the art basketball facility in our dumpster fire weary faces.
 #48114  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:36 pm
Maybe…but they have some work to do on their game…

#48382  by FurmanFan23
 Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 pm
Just looked at the previous stuff on the thread. Is it confirmed that the arena part of Timmons is getting renovated or is it just speculation?
 #48387  by apaladin
 Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:19 am
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:08 pm
Just looked at the previous stuff on the thread. Is it confirmed that the arena part of Timmons is getting renovated or is it just speculation?
It has been talked about and I believe even some plans drawn up but said plans are collecting dust somewhere. Hope there has been some private fund raising going on.
 #48478  by Roundball
 Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:24 pm
I arrived last night at about 6:50. There was no one checking tickets when I arrived. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just a coincidence that mine did not get checked? This is the second time this has happened.
 #48479  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:43 pm
Roundball wrote:
I arrived last night at about 6:50. There was no one checking tickets when I arrived. Did anyone else notice this, or was it just a coincidence that mine did not get checked? This is the second time this has happened.
Not surprisng, there wasn’t a game last night. :lol:
 #48485  by Roundball
 Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:09 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:43 pm
Roundball wrote:
Not surprisng, there wasn’t a game last night. :lol:
Funny. This whole month has been a blur. Is it 2022 yet?
 #48586  by paladinfan12
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:47 pm
greenvegas wrote:
The Notre Dame Cathedral that burned down will be completely rebuilt to its original medieval glory long before the actual arena part of Timmons Arena is improved. In fact, they will probably build a basketball arena for the monks to play pick-up basketball games in right next to the rebuilt Notre Dame Cathedral long before the actual arena part of Timmons Arena is improved. And Furman will schedule a home and home series with these high flying basketball playing monks so that they can rub their state of the art basketball facility in our dumpster fire weary faces.
If Furman received an additional $967 million in gifts like Notre Dame did I'm sure Timmons would be renovated quickly - or probably torn down and rebuilt with that kind of money.
 #48589  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
greenvegas wrote:
If Furman received an additional $967 million in gifts like Notre Dame did I'm sure Timmons would be renovated quickly - or probably torn down and rebuilt with that kind of money.
Could we afford baseball?
 #48594  by Davemeister
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:39 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
greenvegas wrote:

Then Furman could become the "Notre Dame of the South". We never stagger, we never fall . . .
 #48595  by gman84
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 pm
Outside of the locker rooms, meeting rooms and offices being complete or near complete any actual renovations to the arena part itself are still only in the talking stages and are likely years away.
As soon as I win the Power Ball jackpot I will make this a priority. Could happen this week or years from now. :D
 #48596  by Affirm
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:48 pm
Davemeister wrote:
paladinfan12 wrote:
greenvegas wrote:

Then Furman could become the "Notre Dame of the South". We never stagger, we never fall . . .
I believe greenvegas was referring to the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, that burned, not the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana.
 #48598  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 pm
Outside of the locker rooms, meeting rooms and offices being complete or near complete any actual renovations to the arena part itself are still only in the talking stages and are likely years away.
As soon as I win the Power Ball jackpot I will make this a priority. Could happen this week or years from now. :D
I will make the same pledge and I would also restore the baseball program when ED retires. She wouldn’t allow it now.
 #48605  by Davemeister
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:13 am
affirm wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:48 pm
Davemeister wrote:
paladinfan12 wrote:
greenvegas wrote:

I believe greenvegas was referring to the Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France, that burned, not the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana.

I was being facetious :D . Nonetheless, if we could remodel Timmons as a replica of the Notre Dame Cathedral, it would be impressive.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.