#48098  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:21 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:16 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:50 am
No aspersions toward this young man personally…

…but…

NOTHING PERSONAL. But having one of our best DL play against us next year sucks. That’s the truth. Grad schools are becoming a real weapon in football 😕😕😒

EDIT. I hope to learn he goes elsewhere and that this is just an offer not an intent. More - I see he got offers at UTC and Murray State etc
Welp…you spoke it into existence. At least he ain’t gonna be a bellhop…

Woulda preferred he went OOC instead of in conference as now we have to face 'our own' .. that kinda makes me ill. however, not NEARLY as ill as if he were at the Citadel !! I'll take UTC over Citadel any day.. any.. day.

Assuming he went to UTC for another degree - Grad Degree - do we think this (not many Grad programs) may become a real disadvantage for Furman in the football arena?
 #48102  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:04 am
GF yes in the short term, probably not in the long run or not near as much. Once the extra Covid year ages off in 3 years there won’t be near as many grad transfers. Unless they change it, it goes back to 4 years eligibilty to be completed in 5 academic years.
 #48104  by The Jackal
 Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:43 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:04 am
GF yes in the short term, probably not in the long run or not near as much. Once the extra Covid year ages off in 3 years there won’t be near as many grad transfers. Unless they change it, it goes back to 4 years eligibilty to be completed in 5 academic years.
The COVID eligibility is a bizarre wrinkle.

Players received an extra year of eligibility for the '20-'21 season. I assume that if you were not on the roster or eligible to play in the '20-'21 season, then you do not receive the extra eligibility.

Put differently, Furman's '21 and '22 signing classes won't have the extra year attached to them.
 #48178  by FUBeAR
 Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:13 pm
From the Ghost of Portals Past…

#48181  by Paul C
 Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 pm
Next thing ya know FUBEAR will show up on someone’s roster.
 #48187  by apaladin
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:42 am
Never heard of the university of Charleston. WV maybe?
 #48194  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:04 am
apaladin wrote:
It's strange to ask a question on a message board that you can find the answer to in about 2 seconds.

One of our coaches, Nick Verna, was hired out of the same school.
 #48199  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:33 am
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:
It's strange to ask a question on a message board that you can find the answer to in about 2 seconds.

No, it’s not strange at all.
I do it quite often.
What’s the value of the message board if fellow posters cannot politely answer your question. Being nice, rather than mean, is a good personal characteristic that we all should strive to develop and cultivate.
apaladin, gofurman liked this
 #48200  by The Jackal
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:38 am
affirm wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I do it quite often.
What’s the value of the message board if fellow posters cannot politely answer your question. Being nice, rather than mean, is a good personal characteristic that we all should strive to develop and cultivate.

It literally takes longer to post the question than to find the answer.

I'm just here trying to enforce a higher quality of post-manship.
 #48202  by Affirm
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:44 am
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I do it quite often.

It literally takes longer to post the question than to find the answer.

Fair enough. I’ll try to keep that in mind and try to do my own part of “higher quality”.
apaladin liked this
 #48205  by FUBeAR
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:56 am
The Jackal wrote:
High quality is overrated
apaladin, gofurman liked this
 #48253  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:09 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:58 pm

So:
Jace Wilson
Hamp Sisson
Tyler Huff
Carson Jones

We will have all 4???
 #48266  by FUBeAR
 Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:05 am
AstroDin wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:58 pm
FUBeAR is very happy to see this. Feelin’ all prescient-like on this Xmas Eve….below copied from “2022 Commitments” thread…

Cuz he’s an FCS addict, FUBeAR tuned into the Morehead State @ PC game on 3/13/21…and LOVED what he saw from young Mr. Huff. He was a little raw and pressing just a very wee little bit too much (could have been due to the talent around him), but his arm looked very strong with a rapid release, solidly accurate, & with great mobility / ability as a runner…and TOUGHNESS just exuded from him. FUBeAR speculated he would be an excellent fit in the Offense that he thinks FU wants to run.

If he recalls correctly, as odd as it may sound, there were some fan concerns about FU’s QB position at the time. So FUBeAR texted a few former FU Teammates speculating whether or not FU might be able to somehow get young Mr. Huff attracted to a scholarship program and get him to depart the metropolis of Clinnon in exchange for the quiet life of Travelers Rest. He entered the Transfer Portal on 9/28/21. Excited to see FU has offered him.

Hmmm…9 months / just over 40 weeks from gestation of FUBeAR’s idea conception to delivery. Does that mean FUBeAR is Tyler’s FU father?

Last edited by FUBeAR on Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by RaleighDin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:30 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.