• Timmons Arena stuff

#46330  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:28 pm
So are we going to have the endzone seating back out for the Radford game?

I am not a fan of having zero seats setup in the endzone
Hopefully so, the arena looks much better when we have that configuration setup (seems a bit less awkward at least)
I get that was for the NGU game with zero endzone seats seatup and we did not need them, but still

And the pep band (which sits in one of the endzones)?
 #46333  by Flagman
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:53 pm
Gotta have room for the wicked Weed beer cart on one end.
 #46336  by Louis Tully
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Flagman wrote:
Is there a "Wicked Weed" sponsored smoking area?
 #46345  by Flagman
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:24 pm
Louis Tully wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:47 pm
Flagman wrote:
Is there a "Wicked Weed" sponsored smoking area?
My first thought when I saw the Paladin Stadium set-up.
 #46350  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:37 am
One of my questions to JD was about end zone seating. Maybe he will answer on Tuesday.
 #46550  by Roundball
 Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:26 pm
I missed the NGU game because of a severe nose bleed. Quite frankly, I don’t want to wear a mask for two hours as the dryness adds to my nose issue. I did watch the NGU game and noticed many folks did not wear a mask. Was anyone asked to put a mask on at any point? About what percentage of the fans took their mask off?
 #46557  by apaladin
 Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:43 am
Roundball wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:26 pm
I missed the NGU game because of a severe nose bleed. Quite frankly, I don’t want to wear a mask for two hours as the dryness adds to my nose issue. I did watch the NGU game and noticed many folks did not wear a mask. Was anyone asked to put a mask on at any point? About what percentage of the fans took their mask off?
The mask issue was not enforced at all so don’t worry about it. Virtually no one was wearing them during the game. The Radford game is a “black out” which I am sure most are not aware of. Wouldn’t a white out or purple out make more sense? I think I have one black Furman shirt. The end zone seats are back at least on the FU student section end. Maybe the pep band will show up?
 #46567  by Flagman
 Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:11 am
The pep band was present for the ladies game against Converse on Wednesday (in their usual place).
 #48078  by FurmanFan23
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Looked at the football forum and saw that the Timmons update may be done or close to being done. The article originally talked about the renovation mentioned being done in September. Has there been any new information on this?
 #48082  by Sad Din
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:33 pm
FurmanFan23 wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
Looked at the football forum and saw that the Timmons update may be done or close to being done. The article originally talked about the renovation mentioned being done in September. Has there been any new information on this?
who knows... the Timmons ugrades are the worst kept, least informed secret ever.

There's a facility upgrades web page in the sports site that hasn been updated since the golf project started
 #48087  by FurmanATT
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:06 pm
All I know is that Richey talked about how proud he was of it at the media conference after the ASU game. Based on what he said, I assume that some work is still being done but it is mostly completed. -- MD
 #48088  by Flagman
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Apparently, most of the work has been done in the office area. Nothing yet inside the basketball court area.
 #48091  by FUBeAR
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:45 pm
Speaking of those renovations, will the Football Players recruited from the Portal get to see the new facilities on their tours during their Official Visits or nah?

(just trying to ensure we have thread drift reciprocity, y’know)
 #48092  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:53 pm
Outside of the locker rooms, meeting rooms and offices being complete or near complete any actual renovations to the arena part itself are still only in the talking stages and are likely years away.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.