• FCS Championship Game

#48027  by Affirm
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:21 pm
North Dakota State University vs. Montana State University at 12:00 noon on Saturday January 8, 2022. Three weeks from today.
Very glad that James Madison failed in their near-successful effort to upset NDSU.
**Interesting facts (though possibly interesting to me only):
combined population of the 2 adjacent states of Montana and North Dakota is less than 40% of the population of South Carolina; the combined geographic area of the 2 adjacent states, Montana and North Dakota, is more than 6 times the area of South Carolina.**
 #48032  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:42 am
affirm wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:21 pm
North Dakota State University vs. Montana State University at 12:00 noon on Saturday January 8, 2022. Three weeks from today.
Very glad that James Madison failed in their near-successful effort to upset NDSU.
**Interesting facts (though possibly interesting to me only):
combined population of the 2 adjacent states of Montana and North Dakota is less than 40% of the population of South Carolina; the combined geographic area of the 2 adjacent states, Montana and North Dakota, is more than 6 times the area of South Carolina.**
What you’re saying is these are 2 are sparsely populated states. ND is only 1.5 times the population of Greenville county and Montana twice the population of Greenville County. Been to North Dakota years ago and it is flat and a lot of wide open country. I too am glad neither of the 2 move ups are in the championship game.
 #48036  by Davemeister
 Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:11 am
I wonder why this game always kicks off at noon rather than being scheduled for Prime Time. At any rate, I should be able to see most of it before heading Downtown for BB at The Well.
 #48844  by Affirm
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:49 pm
FCS Championship Game today is evidently of little interest to UFFP posters. Maybe the commentary is elsewhere, overlooked by me.
 #48847  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:37 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:11 am
I wonder why this game always kicks off at noon rather than being scheduled for Prime Time. At any rate, I should be able to see most of it before heading Downtown for BB at The Well.
….. and it’s an 11AM kickoff in Texas. Turned out to not much of a game. Let me rephrase that. It was never a game.
 #48852  by FUBeAR
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:25 am
It may have, possibly, been a game if the Montana State QB, who had been the catalyst to the Bobcats’ O throughout the Playoffs, didn’t catch a bad ankle sprain in the 1st series of the game.

I don’t think MSU gets by UT-Martin in their 1st Playoff game if they hadn’t gone to this QB. He’s an absolute difference-maker for that Team. Not sayin’ they beat the bizuns if he stays healthy, but FUBeAR called the NDSU blowout as soon as he was heading for the medical tent. Had to emergency text some of my clients to see if they could put a hold on the “take the 7.5” investment advice FUBeAR had provided to them.

Anyway…MSU was a Team with a good D, that had a very fortuitous schedule, and REALLY were fortunate to ‘find’ an O just before the Playoffs and NDSU was who they always are - disciplined, play hard, run the ball.

Also…FWIW, the SoCon Champion ETSU gave NDSU a much better game in the Fargo Dome than Montana State did on a neutral field. And, we all know that ETSU, while deserving champions, is no better than 4 or 5 other SoCon Teams. Just gotta find a way for the SoCon to get more ‘tickets’ to the MVFC-Big Sky Post-Season Invitational FCS Football Tournament, get better draws in their Tournament, and pull off some upsets…which really, in most cases, wouldn’t be upsets if the predictors watched the games instead of relied on circular logic…as the Playoff Selection Committee does.
Affirm liked this
 #48858  by Roundball
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:39 am
Both teams are complaining about the terrible field conditions, which has been an issue for a few years. Evidently, the players could not make cuts on the sod. It was responsible for the Montana State QB going down early.
 #48878  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 pm
It's almost the same situation that Chattanooga had. The NCAA forced Chatty to convert to turf or risk losing the game. From the comments I've read, that's not likely to cause Frisco to go to turf. Apparently, soccer players prefer grass. Of course, it didn't help matters that the Frisco Bowl had just been played in the same stadium just a couple of weeks prior.
 #48879  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:46 pm
DPLOT
And certainly, the NCAA isn't going to be proactive in seeking an alternative site. It would be interesting to see the financials on hosting, along with the financial impact for a host city.
 #48887  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:10 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:39 am
Both teams are complaining about the terrible field conditions, which has been an issue for a few years. Evidently, the players could not make cuts on the sod. It was responsible for the Montana State QB going down early.
The loose, sloppy turf sucked, but it didn’t sprain MSU’s QB’s ankle…actually may have kept it from breaking his leg. The bizun body falling on the QB’s ankle (see below) ended MSU’s hopes of staying competitive.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.