• whats wrong with Bothwell?

#47992  by fu77fan
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm
He only took 3 shots tonight. Too bad he did not get any foul shots, maybe that would have helped him get started.

He has been shooting poorly from 3.
He has had many of his short shots/ lay ups get blocked.
He has had no easy shots.

I have never seen such a contrast between the first several games including Louisville and his last few games!

I have no idea why he is struggling so much!
I hope he figures it out. I think if he had contributed tonight,we would have won .
 #47993  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:31 pm
The $50k question. Only attempted 3 shots tonight. Seems like teams try to take away his drives. He did have 4 rebounds and 5 assists. Got to have more production than tonight for sure. CBR said on the postgame they have to figure out a way to get him going again.
 #48004  by furmandad
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:34 am
Many on this Board will remember Devin Sibley was terrific as a freshman, sophomore and SoCon Player of the Year as a Junior. Started his Senior season kinda OK, and then his play gradually deteriorated to the point where he was air balling some free throws and (as I recall) didn't start his last 5-6 games as a Paladin. Let's hope M. Bothwell gets his game back soon. He hasn't been in the flow of the games for a while.
 #48007  by purplehorse
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:20 am
We need all 3 of our “big 3 “ to contribute. No reason why all 3 should not be in double figures every game. I can better understand how a pitcher in baseball or hitter “loses it” but have never understood how a shooter in basketball can lose his shot so badly. I cannot imagine him not coming out of his slump.
 #48008  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:53 am
Perhaps, Both should come off the bench. Not a punishment but a change. May feel less pressure and get his production up. He is a valuable team member and has hit some incredible shots for the team. Just supposing!
 #48011  by FurmanATT
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:31 am
I think Bothwell is frustrated. The 1st bad game -- I think Belmont, maybe -- I thought he got more and more frantic, trying to work his way out of it, maybe too much.
Now it's the reverse. He's become a facilitator, trying to set up his teammates. It's not all bad. Perhaps he just seeks a middle ground. Perhaps he'll find it.
-- MD
FU69 liked this
 #48012  by Sad Din
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:54 am
Word is out that he is good and they are paying more defensive pressure. CBR wanted guards to rebound more and thats what he did.

HIs MO is 1:1 isolation down low and for some reason thats been taken away. Maybe its emergence of Slaw
 #48013  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:37 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:31 am
I think Bothwell is frustrated. The 1st bad game -- I think Belmont, maybe -- I thought he got more and more frantic, trying to work his way out of it, maybe too much.
Now it's the reverse. He's become a facilitator, trying to set up his teammates. It's not all bad. Perhaps he just seeks a middle ground. Perhaps he'll find it.
-- MD
He had a great game against Belmont except for the huge mistake at the end. He seems to have never recovered from the game costing mistake. Got to let it go. The future is in front of him.
Fuonetime, FU69 liked this
 #48016  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:39 pm
Defenses are keying on him especially when he drives to the basket and they are taking away is inside moves. Maybe develop a short range jumper and look for the open man. He has good size for a guard.
 #48039  by jesse174
 Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:40 pm
Coach needs to run more plays through him to get him going...also Slaw holds the ball a lot and prevents the offense from flowing...
Fuonetime liked this
 #48040  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:48 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Coach needs to run more plays through him to get him going...also Slaw holds the ball a lot and prevents the offense from flowing...
Don’t think FU runs many plays. More of a free lance. Agree about Slawson, he passes up a lot of open 3’s in lieu of dribbling which works sometimes and sometimes not, evidenced by his 8 turnovers Friday. On the other hand without him we would be doneso because we have no other that can come close to replacing him. He is the key to FU’s success.
 #48045  by FurmAlum
 Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:46 pm
jesse174 wrote:
Agree. Unlike Garrison, who gets rid of the ball almost as fast as he gets it.
Fuonetime liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.