• Furman @ North Carolina (Dec. 14 ESPN2)

#47695  by Affirm
 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:41 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:09 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:01 pm
That UNC article was a little condescending IMHO. "Tuesday the Heels take on another team from a lower conference."

What they forgot to say was "at home". How many true OOC road games have they played?

That "lower conference" has already beaten 2 ACC teams and 1 SEC team, among others on the road.

Richey ought to put that up on the bulletin board.
Give UNC a little credit. They did play at Charleston this year and have played at WC, UNC-A and UNC-W. You won’t see Duke doung that.
Yes, but Duke IS doing its share of playing teams from lower conferences OOC, about the same number as UNC. Duke hosts SCSU tomorrow night.
 #47697  by Affirm
 Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:47 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:14 pm
Agreed...I have much more respect for UNC than Duke...Duke hasn't played a non conference away game since like the early 80s...They have literally 0 true road wins in non conf play...I didn't have a problem with the article.
Yes, let's have a lot of respect for UNC, especially right now.
But I see no reason whatsoever for Furman to be disrespecting Duke, including Duke basketball.
 #47705  by FurmAlum
 Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:18 pm
OK, maybe I was a little hard on the Heels. They do have a history of playing true road OOC games, including Mid-Majors dating all the way back to the Dean Smith era.

Truth is I grew up in North Carolina and have been a big UNC fan since the mid 1960's. Except when they play Furman.
Just trying to stir up some trouble.

As for Dook. SoCon John hit the nail on the head. They never schedule anyone outside the ACC on the road. Their tough OOC games are always at home or on a neutral court.
 #47706  by furpop16
 Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:51 pm

A respectful post, to be sure, but this quote got my attention: "The Tar Heels will be eager to put their bad shooting performance behind them, but they need to stick to their formula, which is still playing inside out." If they start three who are taller than our tallest, shouldn't they just let their bigs take care of business inside?

I hope the quote is prescient and height differential becomes a lesser factor.
 #47709  by Furmanoid
 Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:21 am
furpop16 wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:51 pm

A respectful post, to be sure, but this quote got my attention: "The Tar Heels will be eager to put their bad shooting performance behind them, but they need to stick to their formula, which is still playing inside out." If they start three who are taller than our tallest, shouldn't they just let their bigs take care of business inside?

I hope the quote is prescient and height differential becomes a lesser factor.
We just need to match their 2’s with 3’s. Simple as that.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.