• App St. @ Furman Dec. 10th

#47575  by FurmAlum
 Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:10 pm
Whew boy that started out as a basketball game and turned into a rock fight. Paladins showed some true grit tonight. As coach pointed out Crap St. was an NCAA Tourney team last year.

Slaw came up big at crunch time and so did Foster. Hien showed some toughness too.

Wasn't purdy but its a W!
hypercycloid, Sad Din, Fuonetime and 3 others liked this
 #47577  by Paul C
 Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:38 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:38 pm

KenPom calling this a 71-64 Paladin win
KenPom pretty much nailed it.

This team makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes. I feel like we are soooo close to being really really good but something always seems to be out of kilter. And we play great for spurts but can’t extend runs. But they always tough it out.
 #47580  by purplehorse
 Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:05 pm
We are very INCONSISTENT. Hien slays me tipping out so many rebounds. Wish he would grab them with two hands like most 6-9 guys. We need Lawrence to return or Repass to play more. Hien is not getting it done. Slawson needs help.
apaladin liked this
 #47581  by din23
 Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:17 pm
purplehorse wrote:
We are very INCONSISTENT. Hien slays me tipping out so many rebounds. Wish he would grab them with two hands like most 6-9 guys. We need Lawrence to return or Repass to play more. Hien is not getting it done. Slawson needs help.
Repass will need to be a little more mobile and less of a liability on D before he gets minutes over Hein. I thought tonight was his best game in a while.
 #47589  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:57 am
Paul C wrote:
Paul C wrote:

This team makes me want to pull out my hair sometimes. I feel like we are soooo close to being really really good but something always seems to be out of kilter. And we play great for spurts but can’t extend runs. But they always tough it out.

Some nights you watch the game and see the team a little out of kilter and remember that Noah Gurley is getting 2 minutes a game at Alabama.

I realize you can't worry about who isn' here, but man, Gurley on this team and we'd be something else.
 #47590  by Sad Din
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:38 am
Bothwell... that kid has a head on his shoulders. Gives great interviews. Dont know how long his pro career will be bu IMHO has a career in coaching
QCGlue, underjack liked this
 #47593  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:03 am
din23 wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:17 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Repass will need to be a little more mobile and less of a liability on D before he gets minutes over Hein. I thought tonight was his best game in a while.
I am pretty sure Hein has been coached to tip out the balls. It can be a good strategy especially if it can be caught by our guards.
 #47594  by apaladin
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:40 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:57 am
Paul C wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Some nights you watch the game and see the team a little out of kilter and remember that Noah Gurley is getting 2 minutes a game at Alabama.

I realize you can't worry about who isn' here, but man, Gurley on this team and we'd be something else.
Gurley has lost his starting position but still averaging 18+ minutrs per game.
 #47612  by furpop16
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:43 pm
Any news on when Johnny Lawrence may be back?

Check out CBR’s App St. post-game comments, below. He responds to a question about getting the rotation to 10 players, saying “I think we’ll easily have ten.” Then he adds, “Jonny maybe could get cleared, here, soon.”

Here’s the link:
 #47621  by MNORM
 Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:16 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:41 pm
MNORM wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:43 pm
Any news on when Johnny Lawrence may be back?

Check out CBR’s App St. post-game comments, below. He responds to a question about getting the rotation to 10 players, saying “I think we’ll easily have ten.” Then he adds, “Jonny maybe could get cleared, here, soon.”

Here’s the link:
Thanks. It was in my YouTube queue but hadn't quite gotten to it.
This is excellent news. JL can really stretch the floor.
furpop16 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.