-Slawson had a great game.
-Hunter - a good 2nd half
- Bothwell - clutch
-Anderson- brought great energy
- A great crowd.

Cons
- Need to be more consistent on O and D
-Missed too many free throws
- Hein needs to be more physical and needs to get more rebounds.
FurmAlum, FU69 liked this
 #47281  by FurmAlum
 Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:49 pm
Refs let a lot go in the first half and then changed up and called it real tight in the second half. This happens a lot. If they hadn't done that I bet there would have been a fight.

Probably second half calls helped us because Chas was really hand checking and bumping us every time we touched the ball and especially when we drove the lane.

I agree, the strategy to drive the lane and let Slaw do his low post game in half 2 worked great. Slaw made some great decisions when he had a few open looks to fake and then drive.

Shoot 3's in the first half if they are there, but take it to the basket in the second half, esp last 8 minutes= VICTORY!
furpop16, FU69 liked this
 #47282  by furpop16
 Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:52 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:41 pm
And Joe Anderson has earned some PT!

I love how CBR tracks & emphasizes his own stats. "Input factors", like "deflections", "plus-minus" (whether our score goes up or down with which players in the game), and "kills" (three stops in a row) that set the team up for resulting stats and a win on the scoreboard.

Now looking just at the stat line, Joe Anderson's 17 minutes are ambiguous. Seventeen minutes, 2pts, 1 for 3 FG, 0 for 2 from the line, 1 assist, 1 TO. He did have five steals; otherwise, meh.

But CBR comes on the post-game show and points to his own stats: in all the game while Anderson was on the bench we had just one kill. Anderson comes in and we get five. Even more amazing - in his seventeen minutes, his plus/minus was a plus eighteen. That's just unreal.

Good for Joe Anderson, and good for Coach to manage his own stat line and share it with us. Congrats on a big win!
FurmAlum, FU69, Roundball and 3 others liked this
 #47283  by tya1
 Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:54 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:01 pm
BTW, did we ever recruit College of Charleston's Reyne Smith? If not, why not? The boy can shoot the lights out - what a pure shot and he's only a freshman.
Smith is from Australia. I think Alex Opacic is the only player we ever signed from there. As far as I know Pat Kelsey is the only coach to recruit him. Smith had an earlier offer from Winthrop.
 #47287  by Roundball
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:10 am
The Cats wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:41 pm
An outstanding win against "The Saviors of the SoCon"...
Wouldn’t it be great if they were in the SoCon? I would love to play them twice a year. Good competition. Great game. That was the loudest I've heard Timmons since the game against Wichita State. The students were outstanding. For a change, the music led to their loudness, much more than having a pep band.
Last edited by Roundball on Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #47289  by Fuonetime
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:34 am
What a great win. Congrats to CBR, his staff and the whole team. FU basketball has come so far. One of the best ways to honor our coach and teams is make a contribution to the FU Athletic Fund and designate Men’s Basketball. Go Paladins!
 #47290  by tim
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 am
Paladin91 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:01 pm
BTW, did we ever recruit College of Charleston's Reyne Smith? If not, why not? The boy can shoot the lights out - what a pure shot and he's only a freshman.
Meeks looks like a grad transfer from Bucknell. He would have been a nice addition too. From Burlington NC.
 #47291  by furpop16
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:40 am
Apparently KenPom doesn’t appreciate our high-wire act, the team’s grit & determination notwithstanding. FU drops eight places to #117.
 #47294  by Sad Din
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:04 am
“You’ve got to tip your cap to Furman,” said Cougars coach Pat Kelsey, whose team won at Chattanooga on a buzzer-beating tip-in by Dimitrius Underwood. “That’s an old, veteran team. Jalen Slawson was amazing tonight, we had no answer for him.”
 #47298  by Paul C
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 am
furpop16 wrote:
Apparently KenPom doesn’t appreciate our high-wire act, the team’s grit & determination notwithstanding. FU drops eight places to #117.
KenPom has Coll of Chas vastly underrated…..the flaw w these rankings is they start w a human baseline and it takes time for the algos to catch up. This was a very good team we beat tonite, not the #198 team in the country
furpop16 liked this
 #47303  by The Jackal
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:36 am
Paul C wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 am
furpop16 wrote:
KenPom has Coll of Chas vastly underrated…..the flaw w these rankings is they start w a human baseline and it takes time for the algos to catch up. This was a very good team we beat tonite, not the #198 team in the country

Wait. I thought I was supposed to disregard everything this team does this season because a computer says I should.
Paul C liked this
 #47322  by Roundball
 Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:09 pm
Coach Richey at the end of his press conference, thanking the students. The students deserved the praise. They were loud and rowdy. In fact, so rowdy, the security folks had to stand in front of them. Of course, one of the referees kept complaining about the fans sitting on the court. He was a sensitive little man.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.