• NOT GOOD

#47006  by Roundball
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:22 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:49 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:11 am
Last year UNCG won the reg season and tourney on their way to an 11-seed….and lost 3 in a row in Dec to Winthrop, Duquesne and Coppin St…..

Settle down.
Yes I really don’t understand why any mid-majors have a regular season. Just practice until March and play the tournamnt. No sense in trying to win 30 meaningless games
Real fans of college basketball love the competition of the "meaningless" games. Ask the players and the coaches if they think the regular season is meaningless. Based on your misunderstanding, you might want to sit out the rest of the regular season and join us again in March.
 #47007  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am
Roundball wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:22 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:49 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:11 am
Last year UNCG won the reg season and tourney on their way to an 11-seed….and lost 3 in a row in Dec to Winthrop, Duquesne and Coppin St…..

Settle down.
Yes I really don’t understand why any mid-majors have a regular season. Just practice until March and play the tournamnt. No sense in trying to win 30 meaningless games
Real fans of college basketball love the competition of the "meaningless" games. Ask the players and the coaches if they think the regular season is meaningless. Based on your misunderstanding, you might want to sit out the rest of the regular season and join us again in March.
You misunderstood. It was in response to Paul C who said basically it doesn’t matter what happens in December only in March. Of course I could have misunderstood his point. I absolutely enjoy every game and look forward to each one. I enjoy the journey and dread the March destination because as a FU fan for 40 plus years it has not ended well.
Roundball liked this
 #47017  by Paul C
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:20 pm
My point was that at our level, in a one-bid league, Nov/Dec is a chance to build depth, get our rotation right, develop a rhythm. It doesn’t mean wins and losses don’t matter, but what it does mean is that a loss here or there in Nov/Dec isn’t cause for alarm. As long as the aforementioned objectives are being met.

Of course, one of the habits you’re trying to develop is the habit of winning, and mid-majors that win in Nov/Dec typically win in March too….n
 #47020  by FurmanATT
 Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:28 pm
Caleb Gilbert has been covering games for us. He was at USCU Saturday, but I watched on TV and have done so for most of the games. I'll get up to Timmons Arena again soon, but Greenville is more accessible for Caleb and I expect most of the time I'm up it will be on weekends. Caleb is really enjoying himself. His photos are fantastic, and I'm happy to keep things going smoothly at both the FurmanATT.com and LaurensCountySports.com sites.
All that having been said, I think if the Paladins shoot well, they can play with anyone, and if they don't, they can lose to a lot of teams. I enjoy watching them and remain optimistic.
I was struck by how important Slawson has become because his loss was so apparent when he got hurt against the Spartans. The game was never in doubt. The final score raised some alarms that I think are unwarranted. I hope Slawson is back quickly.
If Bothwell isn't hitting, I think he gets a bit frantic and forces the action too much. He's athletic enough to be able to get away with it most of the time, but I as the season develops, I hope he will be able to play the same game regardless of his personal fortunes. Mainly I think it's because he burns with competitiveness. He aspires to greatness, and I want him to achieve it, but sometimes I think it gets the best of him.
Garrison could hardly impress me more. Pegues, I think, is going to be a really good player. Foster has impressed me.
It's a fine team, but it's a tough schedule and a tough conference. It's a good team searching for greatness and finding it from time to time.
-- MD
apaladin, dornb, hypercycloid and 1 others liked this
 #47033  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:02 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am
I enjoy the journey and dread the March destination because as a FU fan for 40 plus years it has not ended well.

apaladin shoots - he scores!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.