Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 am
affirm wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:05 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:56 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:15 am
I’m impressed by the hat.
Look - I do not know as much as many of the others on here about certain matters, but I still have the right to and the willingness to speculate. We were asked to speculate. I have speculated. No point in continuing to revise my speculation.
I already said from the very beginning that I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are not offended.

I'm not offended. I already knew the answer.
It appears that, so far, the majority of the few posters who are willing to commit to a w or l vs UTC are agreeing with me that it will be a l. Maybe not by 30, as I have speculated, but no one else, I think, named a margin. And as one poster wrote “no need for anyone to defend anything they post on here - a game, not an exam; no wrong answers “. So I’m OK with your speculations, but you should be OK with mine; and if you have to keep saying you are not OK
with mine, that is your problem. I am not here to debate.

Furman may very well lose to UTC. UTC's not a bad team. That's not the point, though.

I, like many, have grown weary of the vocal minority of negative posters who seem interested only in furthering a narrative or personal agenda. They have driven away many good folks from this forum.

This is a venue for the exchange of ideas concerning Furman athletics. It is not a "safe space" for one to post drivel and shirk from defending your position. You are not insulated from criticism here. Nor am I.
YOUR problem, as I said before.
Trying to be the legislature, executive, and judiciary of UFFP.
I can and will say or not say what ever I feel like saying or not saying.
It will be appropriate and civil, so no one should worry about that; although I realize some will consider it inappropriate and uncivil because it does not align with them or is deemed far less smart or far less “witty and cute” than them.
I am sure some do not like ANYTHING I post.
Too bad.

I am quite certain you will continue to post whatever drivel suits you.

Free country. "Speculate" all you want.
 #42000  by gofurman
 Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:39 pm
affirm wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:50 am
gofurman wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:35 am
6-5. Wins over These….
Ten tech , hopefully they aren’t too good
Mercer - we made everyone look good late last yr and were just horrid by the time we played them …great coach there but we should beat Mercer still if we can run block AT ALL.
Citadel
ETSU
WCU
VMI.
So we’ll lose AGAIN to Wofford (AKA “the monkey”)? Or are they just cancelling?
YES. :D. I HOPE we play em and beat em But I put it at 25% for FU to win. Just seems a bugaboo for CH.

More specifically we are 0-3 AT Wofford and play there this year. I think we can win but wanna see it and w CH running 0-3 at their place have to favor them
 #42001  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:39 am
gofurman wrote:
affirm wrote:
gofurman wrote:
6-5. Wins over These….
Mercer - we made everyone look good late last yr and were just horrid by the time we played them …great coach there but we should beat Mercer still if we can run block AT ALL.
Citadel
ETSU
WCU
VMI.
YES. :D. I HOPE we play em and beat em But I put it at 25% for FU to win. Just seems a bugaboo for CH.

More specifically we are 0-3 AT Wofford and play there this year. I think we can win but wanna see it and w CH running 0-3 at their place have to favor them

Hard to know what to expect out of Wofford. Their long-time OC retired and it looks like they have "co-offensive coordinators" for 2021. They were also breaking in a new DC in the spring, and the Terrier defense was surrendering an uncharacteristic 4 touchdowns a game. It was strange to see Wofford near the bottom of the defensive metrics.

Offensively, they did a good job of putting up some points this spring. I guess one footnote is they avoided playing the SoCon's top two defenses (Furman and ETSU).
 #42026  by gofurman
 Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:27 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:39 am
gofurman wrote:
affirm wrote:
gofurman wrote:
6-5. Wins over These….
Citadel
ETSU
WCU
VMI.

Hard to know what to expect out of Wofford. Their long-time OC retired and it looks like they have "co-offensive coordinators" for 2021. They were also breaking in a new DC in the spring, and the Terrier defense was surrendering an uncharacteristic 4 touchdowns a game. It was strange to see Wofford near the bottom of the defensive metrics.

Offensively, they did a good job of putting up some points this spring. I guess one footnote is they avoided playing the SoCon's top two defenses (Furman and ETSU).
Jackal, great points! And I hope we win. REALLY hope we win. Sick of it. They also lost a ton of superb OL - 2 to FBS and maybe another? That said I was excited to see us play them early in the spring but after watching us lose to Mercer and Citadel I was kinda glad we were done and avoided Woffd. Not sure but what a few of our guys had mailed it in by then
 #46739  by Davemeister
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 am
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:46 pm
Since the Dawn of Man, human beings have sought the answer to two eternal questions:

1) What is the meaning of Life?

2) How is our Football Team gonna do this fall?

Today we will concern ourselves with Question #2.

After being SO WRONG about the Spring Season, I am gun-shy about making any predictions for a while for fear of jinxing the Paladins. But tradition demands that forecasting must be done and I, Davemeister, am not opposed to being the first to speak out:

6-5

How did I arrive at this conclusion? I consulted my anatomy. My Heart says 7-4. My Brain says 5-6. My Gut says 6-5. My Gut is most often right, so that's the way I'm going.

IMHO, we will have to be an improved team over what we saw a few months ago to achieve six wins. I believe I am showing confidence in our coaches & players to stick my neck out this far. But 6-5 is as optimistic as I'm going to allow myself to be at present.

What say you?

I'd say the ol' Gut-sight was 20/20.
 #46752  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:05 pm
I was 50% off on my w-l projection. I said 4-7 in August. The good is that I’m much happier with 6-5 than I would have been if we had actually finished 4-7. Eight days ago, I still thought we would end up 4-7.
 #46832  by FUBeAR
 Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:12 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:39 pm
FUBeAR speculates that much brotherhood will be shared; many tales, advantaged by the years, will be told; many calories will be consumed; and much fun will be had at each FFPA Tailgate this Fall.
NAILED IT!

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.