• Defensive Woes

#4541  by AlValonge
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:04 pm
I am very glad that we won after such a hard fought game. Overall, it seems that we are coming together on offense with lots of room for growth--especially in the passing game. Special teams made some nice plays today except for the last extra point attempt, which thankfully didn't come back to haunt us. Their QB was amazing and reminded me too much of Armanti Edwards. However, we are giving up waaaay too many big plays on defense and there are times that we look totally confused and out of place. We were getting torched out there. We have got to get it together because we are heading into the meat of the schedule and need to eliminate the miscues (personal fouls, penalties, etc.). We are not high-powered enough on offense to be so generous on defense.
 #4549  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:11 pm
Before the start of the season, i think most of us would have thought the defense would be the strongest part of the team. That certainly has not been the case. I'm not sure I have ever seen a FU defense average giving up 40 points and almost 500 yds a game thru 4 games.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #4551  by mathprofhiker
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:16 pm
It seemed like our secondary had a hard time finding the ball on the deep throws. On the PI's we had called against us, the DB did not turn and look for the ball. We had a very young defense last year, and I really thought it would be better this year. Hopefully our staff can coach them up a little during the bye week even though the pass is not the top priority against Woffy.
 #4575  by Paul C
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:07 am
I feel like last year our blitzing and pressure schemes took our opponents by surprise. This year it feels like we are getting beat when we bring pressure, and maybe have become too predictable.