• Winning Season?

#45161  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:53 pm
We still have a chance tor a winning season. Looking at maybe 6-5. Here is the way I see the final 4 games.
UTC -loss 4-4 bigger question is will the dins score?
WCU -win 5-4, better be.
VMI-loss, 5-5 this one has moved from the w to l column.
Samford- win 6-5 winning or losing season on the line in finale.
That leaves us at 6-5, a winning record but still another mediocre season. .
A loss to either WCU or Samford erases all of the above. A winning season with wins over WC and Citadel is good enough as Aftirm likes to say. What say ye?
 #45165  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:20 pm
apaladin wrote:
We still have a chance tor a winning season. Looking at maybe 6-5. Here is the way I see the final 4 games.
WCU -win 5-4, better be.
A loss to either WCU or Samford erases all of the above. A winning season with wins over WC and Citadel is good enough as Aftirm likes to say. What say ye?
Unless we do not win another game, we will be better than my preseason prediction. And I said that my preseason prediction (I think it was 4-7) would result in "good enough".
 #45166  by Affirm
 Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
WCU -win 5-4, better be.
Unless we do not win another game, we will beat my preseason prediction. And I said that my preseason prediction (I think it was 4-7) would result in "good enough".
 #45172  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:00 pm
Loss at UTC.
Hope to beat an improving WCU in Whee
Hope to beat VMI w good running
Loss ar Samford?

Just my .02

Fine with 6-5 if Ô improves. Though D will lose Hope, McKoy etc
 #45177  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
gofurman wrote:
Loss at UTC.
Loss ar Samford?

Just my .02

We can only run the ball against really bad teams. Ie: WC, Cit. VMI is not bad. We had 75 today. We’ve had one gane rushing over 200(WC). We’ve had 3 games under 100.
 #45179  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:33 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:07 am
gofurman wrote:
Loss at UTC.
Loss ar Samford?

Just my .02

We can only run the ball against really bad teams. Ie: WC, Cit. VMI is not bad. We had 75 today. We’ve had one gane rushing over 200(WC). We’ve had 3 games under 100.
Yep. Makes it very very hard on the new QB and an offense when you can’t run for at least 150/200. Just look at how easy it was at Wofford. Everything works when you have the LOS and the running game. We don’t.
 #45233  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:39 am
" Hope to beat an improving WCU in Whee." Really? WCU beats citadel and suddenly, they're "improving"? They're 1-6. One win doesn't indicate improvement. It means they played a dejected bellhop team who watched YouTube videos all week of their coach whining after losing to our Paladins. Maybe I should say, "the" Paladins, since many on here have already given up on the team.
FUBeAR, gman84, DeepPurple and 1 others liked this
 #45239  by gman84
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:01 pm
I'm thankful some of you aren't coaching the team. How you can just look at an opponent and say that's a Win or a Loss. We haven't lost 20 in a row. I don't see NDSU or Alabama on our schedule. I see some solid SoCon teams but not world beaters. Yes, we lost to ETSU. We had it and didn't finish it! We have to fix the little things that keep a team from getting over that hump. Call me crazy, but I don't see why we can't run the table.
 #45247  by The Jackal
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm
Flagman wrote:
" Hope to beat an improving WCU in Whee." Really? WCU beats citadel and suddenly, they're "improving"? They're 1-6. One win doesn't indicate improvement. It means they played a dejected bellhop team who watched YouTube videos all week of their coach whining after losing to our Paladins. Maybe I should say, "the" Paladins, since many on here have already given up on the team.

WCU is "improving" insofar as they have elevated themself from "atrocious" to "bad."

The Citadel, as they have for a few years now, puts everything they have into beating Furman and VMI. Thompson, though his record isn't great, stays Citadel's head coach in part because he's managed to beat one of those two teams convincingly every season. Those are the games that matter to their fan base. We get everything they've got.
MidlandsPaladin liked this
 #45249  by gofurman
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:03 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:18 pm
Flagman wrote:

WCU is "improving" insofar as they have elevated themself from "atrocious" to "bad."

The Citadel, as they have for a few years now, puts everything they have into beating Furman and VMI. Thompson, though his record isn't great, stays Citadel's head coach in part because he's managed to beat one of those two teams convincingly every season. Those are the games that matter to their fan base. We get everything they've got.
Right. They are improving.

And strange things happen in the 'Whee.. I am not saying we aren't favored over the Cats but up there in the mountains I have seen some odd games. And they are getting better - even if from bad to 'ok'. Any team on the road is a tough out... well, except Wofford LOL
 #45257  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:14 am
gofurman wrote:
Loss at UTC.
Loss ar Samford?

Just my .02

going to switch to loss at UTC
Beat the wheee
loss to VMI? if we are 5-4 and the kids want to win out I could see us getting this one. 7-4 would be a decent - if somewhat frustrating - year with our lack of O and a true Fr QB.
Beat Samford

let's get 7-4 ;all wins help with rankings next year too

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.