• Kelly Bryant

#4474  by soconjohn
 Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:03 pm
A more reasonable comparison is Clemson basketball vs. Furman basketball...Look at how well Furman has done the past few years, yet until last year, Clemson was mediocre...Yet coverage dwarfed Furman in Greenville...And the claim can't be that they fill up Littlejohn...It's not a hoops school...They will never win the conference they are in, yet Furman stands a much better chance to win the SoCon...That's a more reasonable gripe than the football one...Has Clemson won 46 in the past two seasons? The answer is no...they have won 42...Have they been really a threat to win the ACC regular-season title or tournament? No. Has Furman in the SoCon? yes.
 #4478  by Bootie
 Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:07 pm
We've gotten way off topic, but we'll survive, so here's another one.

For those just looking for information about how the team did, etc..., if Greenville News regularly doesn't cover to the level you want, you might find http://www.furmansportsreport.com/ is a suitable replacement. Scott does a great job. He won't print it and put it in your driveway, but he'll email it to you, and it won't get wet if it's raining.
Paul C, Flagman, din23 and 4 others liked this
 #4479  by Paul C
 Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:22 pm
Who gets their news from newspapers anyway? You guys probably still asking for directions to Blockbuster to rent a movie....
fufanatic liked this
 #4480  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:01 pm
Paul C wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:22 pm
Who gets their news from newspapers anyway? You guys probably still asking for directions to Blockbuster to rent a movie....
Exactly. I used to get so mad about the G-News and WYFF and used to give them a hard time. I finally realized it's not going to change and have let it go. I used to read the News every Sunday after a football Saturday, now I never do. Don't pay attention to WYFF either. I think we have beat this horse to death several times but it still comes back.
Bootie, fufanatic, Paul C liked this
 #4500  by Affirm
 Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:19 pm
Thanks for the info about fbschedules . Great to have that ready info about both future and past schedules.
 #4538  by tim
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:00 pm
Well what now? 1st string Clemson qb goes down.
 #4542  by sluggo
 Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:14 pm
Dabo might have stepped in his own S___

:o :shock:
 #4564  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:58 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:27 pm
https://www.tigernet.com/register.do

...just sayin’
bump
 #4565  by Fessor
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:39 am
soconjohn wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:56 pm
The Citadel and SC aren't separated by much further than Furman and Clemson, ...
?
 #4566  by Fessor
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:44 am
soconjohn wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:03 pm
A more reasonable comparison is Clemson basketball vs. Furman basketball...Look at how well Furman has done the past few years, yet until last year, Clemson was mediocre...Yet coverage dwarfed Furman in Greenville...And the claim can't be that they fill up Littlejohn...It's not a hoops school...They will never win the conference they are in, yet Furman stands a much better chance to win the SoCon...That's a more reasonable gripe than the football one...Has Clemson won 46 in the past two seasons? The answer is no...they have won 42...Have they been really a threat to win the ACC regular-season title or tournament? No. Has Furman in the SoCon? yes.
Clemson has three NCAA tournament bids since 2010; Furman zero.
 #4579  by sluggo
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:37 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

...just sayin’
bump
:roll:

Telling people to go to another board does nothing to increase the traffic on this board.

It's rather lonely in here so I don't mind people finding other things to talk about.
It's all about football and Furman did actually play Clemson this year with that QB in the game; it's not really off topic.

Trust me, Furman is not going to lose any fans because other teams are discussed on this board.

Bottom line : Discussing other teams would probably improve the search engine raking of this board since
hardly anyone searches for Furman.

Our ego's are bloated about our importance in the football and academic worlds.
We need to get a grip before things will improve.
Maybe the general public will start buying tickets again if we get our noses out of the sky and make them feel welcome.
FUKA61, Affirm, bj93 and 1 others liked this
 #4588  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:41 pm
sluggo wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:37 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

...just sayin’
bump
:roll:

Telling people to go to another board does nothing to increase the traffic on this board.

It's rather lonely in here so I don't mind people finding other things to talk about.
It's all about football and Furman did actually play Clemson this year with that QB in the game; it's not really off topic.

Trust me, Furman is not going to lose any fans because other teams are discussed on this board.

Bottom line : Discussing other teams would probably improve the search engine raking of this board since
hardly anyone searches for Furman.

Our ego's are bloated about our importance in the football and academic worlds.
We need to get a grip before things will improve.
Maybe the general public will start buying tickets again if we get our noses out of the sky and make them feel welcome.
As a Furman alum and long time attendee at Furman as well as at CU, USC, & UGA over many years,
I think I know what you mean about “noses out of the sky and make them feel welcome.” I sense that at Furman. Not so much at other places, especially the first “other place” I mentioned above (hate to say).
sluggo liked this
 #4591  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:01 pm
OK - sorry - y’all are right.

viewforum.php?f=10&sid=45c81ef51cc207f3e5e67a21c811a39b

Just sayin’