• What would you like to see at WC?

#44242  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:54 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am
I heard the "Pell Mell" play has been reinserted into the playbook. Why it was taken out I dont know but it is back.

The Drama begin on the bus ride over.......
Coach Hendrix was talking about playing more angry. Just need to give those Angry Furmans some big sticks and we’ll be GOLDEN (not Beige, like those fetid PorchYappers)!
Need a bunch of mad angry Furmans headed to Spartanburg. Coach should tell them the Woffords been saying things about the Furman's Mamas.
 #44244  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 pm
1st play was QB run for 1st down w/back-up QB, cuz Starting QB could not play. Arkansas knew, from jump, UGa was perfectly happy playing their 3rd Team QB if #2 got hurt. They had to respect QB run all day. 3rd play was short/Med pass for 1st down. Ark had to respect pass all day. UGa, as noted, CRUSHED them, mostly between the tackles, with their 3+ RB’s all day…but Ark had to respect UGa’s full playbook.
 #44245  by FUBeAR
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:23 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:54 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:25 am
I heard the "Pell Mell" play has been reinserted into the playbook. Why it was taken out I dont know but it is back.

The Drama begin on the bus ride over.......
Coach Hendrix was talking about playing more angry. Just need to give those Angry Furmans some big sticks and we’ll be GOLDEN (not Beige, like those fetid PorchYappers)!
Need a bunch of mad angry Furmans headed to Spartanburg. Coach should tell them the Woffords been saying things about the Furman's Mamas.
Nothing more dangerous than a slew of Angry Furmans with big sticks, after a bus ride, whose Mama’s have been disrespected!
dornb liked this
 #44246  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:29 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:20 pm
1st play was QB run for 1st down w/back-up QB, cuz Starting QB could not play. Arkansas knew, from jump, UGa was perfectly happy playing their 3rd Team QB if #2 got hurt. They had to respect QB run all day. 3rd play was short/Med pass for 1st down. Ark had to respect pass all day. UGa, as noted, CRUSHED them, mostly between the tackles, with their 3+ RB’s all day…but Ark had to respect UGa’s full playbook.

Bennett doesn't have a great arm and really isn't a threat to launch the ball downfield.

Now, UGA's really good, but it just sort of shows you that if a defense has to at least respect your willingness to run the QB or throw it, they can't just set up camp in the box.

Right now, I just don't see defenses respecting Furman's ability to throw anything but slants/crosses and they have no fear that Sisson will keep the football on the run.

In my view, if we aren't going to break that tendency, then we might as well turn the offense into an inside drill and see if Wofford's defense is up for a rock fight.
 #44260  by apaladin
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:51 pm
What I don’t want to see is WC explosion plays which I think will be the difference in the game, They will hurt us on the optiion and big pass plays. We don’t defend either well. If we can eliminate these we have a shot if not its going to be a long afternoon. We pretty much are not a threat for explosion plays offensively.
Well at least we held them for 2 plays before the first explosion play.
 #44333  by cavedweller2
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:45 pm
And then we beat that ass cause they was talking about our guy's Mamas.
FUBeAR liked this
 #44374  by Flagman
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:29 pm
Woffy had three big plays. At one time we had run twice as many plays as the ankle biters. We controlled the ball, gave a new QB time to adjust to the speed of the game, and dominated our nemesis. We played with the attitude of the “Death Dealer”.
FUBeAR, dornb, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #44376  by The Jackal
 Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:29 pm
Woffy had three big plays. At one time we had run twice as many plays as the ankle biters. We controlled the ball, gave a new QB time to adjust to the speed of the game, and dominated our nemesis. We played with the attitude of the “Death Dealer”.

Didn't end up far from it. Furman ran 74 plays. Wofford ran 44.
dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.