• Wofford - Oct. 9

#43972  by FUBeAR
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:20 am
Woffraud planning on showing up this time?

Heard they are likely to ‘opt out’ after ETSU curb stomps them on Saturday. Their super-cheesy HC & also cheesy media guy were already crying the blues about being banged up on Defense as one of the many excuses they made for losing to VMI. Seems “we suck” would just be so much simpler to say.
QCGlue liked this
 #44002  by tim
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:26 pm
Should be fun. What will we do at qb? Finally win in Sparkle City? Tickets and tailgate with meal applications were in my email.
 #44008  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:29 pm
Hoping for the best. We may (or not) be the better team. After last Saturday i see no reason to think we are better than anyone in the SoCon. Don’t expect to see any changes at qb. Haven’t won over there in 15 years.Hope that changes and looking forward to the game. Like I said I have lowered my expectations. I hope we can score A touchdown.
Last edited by apaladin on Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Affirm, FU69 liked this
 #44019  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:07 am
[quote=apaladin post_id=44008 time=1633044540 user_id=50]
Hoping for the best. We may (or niot) be the better team. After last Saturday i see no reason to think we are better than anyone in the SoCon. Don’t expect to see any changes at qb. Haven’t won over there in 15 years.Hope that changes and looking forward to the game. Like I said I have lowered my expectations. I hope we can score A touchdown.
[/quote]

Say what you will. They beat On us ALL THE TIME. I THINK the last time we won in Spartanburg was about 04 w Ingle and 06. Never again. We do NOT win in sparks city. It’s been a house of horrors for much better offenses than we have right now - we have lost our last 7 or so games there

Put another way.. [u][b]neither CBF nor CCH has ever won at Gibbs. [/b][/u] Think about that.

I want this. Both teams have real issues right now but one we may struggle with is missing Sochovka vs a team that will run the middle if they can
 #44073  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:02 am
This is shaping up to be the most exciting game of the year. 😳😳 Features the 2 worst offenses in the league. Furman is in last place in scoring offense with WC next to last. In total offense WC is in last place and FU is next to last. Both have decent defenses but not great. This could come down to which defense/special teams scores the most. It would probably be best to not let your kids watch this one.
 #44083  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:17 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:02 am
This is shaping up to be the most exciting game of the year. 😳😳 Features the 2 worst offenses in the league. Furman is in last place in scoring offense with WC next to last. In total offense WC is in last place and FU is next to last. Both have decent defenses but not great. This could come down to which defense/special teams scores the most. It would probably be best to not let your kids watch this one.

We all have PTSD watching our offense, but Furman should be favored and should win this game.
 #44087  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:30 pm
FUBeAR will be watching all week for Woffraud’s ‘opt out’ announcement…

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. CONF. HOME CONF. AWAY CONF. STREAK OVERALL PCT. HOME AWAY STREAK
Wofford 0-2 0.000 0-0 0-2 L2 1-3 0.250 0-1 1-2 L3
FU69 liked this
 #44093  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:47 pm
I don't care who's favored. Sagarin favored Furman in every game we played in the Spring. We saw how much good it did us.

The only way for Furman to beat Wofford is for our guys to go out there and kick their butts. I know we have the talent to do it but I'm not so sure we have the will to do it.
 #44094  by FurmAlum
 Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:12 pm
Our guys need to go out there with the attitude that N.C. State had when they played us. They were pissed about how they played and how they got beat against Miss. State.

We need to be pissed,too. And go take it out on Woffart!
dornb, Davemeister, FU69 liked this
 #44097  by fupaladin01
 Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am
Does anyone know who is catering the Furman tailgate? I have a medium size group that might be interested but we can also put together a mean spread of our own with a little effort. (410 for hot dogs and chips is not too exciting but if a local place like Wade's is catering $10 is well worth it.
 #44098  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:17 pm
Don’t know the vendor, but it is ID’d as a “BBQ Tailgate”…

[i]Group Portal Offers
Event Details Section Special Offer Info
Furman Athletics Fund Tailgate At Wofford BBQ Tailgate $10 - Wofford Tailgate Furman Tailgate At Wofford[/i]

FUBeAR’s question would be…”Does the $10 include the ticket to the game?” If so, it’s kind of a no-brainer as Woffraud’s site is pretending that anyone would be stupid enough to pay $27 to watch a game from their crappy visitor’s side.
 #44099  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:28 pm
fupaladin01 wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am
Does anyone know who is catering the Furman tailgate? I have a medium size group that might be interested but we can also put together a mean spread of our own with a little effort. (410 for hot dogs and chips is not too exciting but if a local place like Wade's is catering $10 is well worth it.
Not likely Wade’s. They are closed on Saturdays.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.