• Backup QB

#43896  by Furmanoid
 Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:41 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:31 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:53 am
Can’t be skeptical anymore, huh? Just saying that we have a guy who was heralded as a genius because he won so many games at where? Maryville. Coaching that worked there clearly does not work in the SoCon. That is settled science. So I see no reason to believe that quarterback play that wins there is A LOCK to work in the SoCon. Maybe, maybe not. But he’s just gonna sit behind Wilson anyway, right?
I will only say this once—who all do you think reads these boards? Recruits do.
Give me a break! If the kid is who you think he is he doesn’t give a rat’s ass if some Furmanoid boomer guy disrespects his high school. If anything, it’s a challenge. He also believes that he is better than Jace Wilson and everybody else we’ve got and he intends to beat them out. If anything he is happy to know that the QB position is far from settled. If we were honestly raving (not sarcastically raving) about 2 guys in front of him he MIGHT reconsider. But the competition is wide open which is exactly what he wants.
apaladin liked this
 #43897  by Sad Din
 Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:04 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Can’t be skeptical anymore, huh? Just saying that we have a guy who was heralded as a genius because he won so many games at where? Maryville. Coaching that worked there clearly does not work in the SoCon. That is settled science. So I see no reason to believe that quarterback play that wins there is A LOCK to work in the SoCon. Maybe, maybe not. But he’s just gonna sit behind Wilson anyway, right?
Look at other forums. This is the Mother Teresa School for Angels compared to those.

If I were a recruit reading this stuff, this is what I get

1. Passionate fan base
2. Good opportunity to go somewhere to make a difference
3. We dont like losing
FU3, apaladin liked this
 #43903  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:33 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:41 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Give me a break! If the kid is who you think he is he doesn’t give a rat’s ass if some Furmanoid boomer guy disrespects his high school. If anything, it’s a challenge. He also believes that he is better than Jace Wilson and everybody else we’ve got and he intends to beat them out. If anything he is happy to know that the QB position is far from settled. If we were honestly raving (not sarcastically raving) about 2 guys in front of him he MIGHT reconsider. But the competition is wide open which is exactly what he wants.
So you now make your comment frame about - if he wants to compete the door is open? Your comment was about the Maryville program. And who cares if you are a baby boomer - that still does give you a pass on talking down a player's program.

And you're not being realistic if you don't think players, and players' parents aren't reading the boards. I would side on no harm in this case - rather than going off on some by your on words meaningless take. Yes, this board isn't as toxic as many other boards and that's always been part of its DNA.
 #43906  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:04 pm
You cannot be serious.
FAULT!

McEnroe meme or gif is required with this comment.
gman84, AstroDin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.