• Good News! - Attendance up by over 58 percent this year verses 2019

#43844  by Northeast Furman Fan
 Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:01 pm
It isn't easy coming off of a loss. I do not want it to be lost that home attendance is up, and up significantly. For the first two home games of 2021, we have attendance of 11,628 for NC A&T and 10,203 for Mercer. This is the first time since 2010 that Furman has had over 10,000 fans in its first two home games (Colgate and Citadel). For 2019, the average attendance was 6,039 fans per game and in 2019, many people picked Furman to win the Southern Conference. Attendance is up by 58 percent in 2021 verses the last, pre-pandemic season of 2019. A great trivia question is, "Can you name any other college football programs where attendance is up by more than 50 percent verses 2019?" ?

I am not sure but I think that Furman may be leading the league in attendance, early in the 2021 season.

The point is that something very good is happening. I like to think that our Athletic Director and many around him are making a difference. I like to think that the improved game-day experience is making a difference. I would like to encourage the Furman community to build on this. It is nice and fun to be the best.
FUBeAR, FUpaladin08, dornb and 2 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.