• We are…..

#43682  by fu77fan
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:13 pm
My opinion -
We are awful on offense. We cannot run the ball up the middle. We cannot run around the ends. We are awful when we attempt to run the option . We are very inconsistent in our passing game . Many inaccurate passes. We do not extend the defense by throwing long. Based on the above, we do not have the offense to sustain a drive. That is why we scored 3 points today. Embarrassing.

CH opinion on the post game show - “We are as good as anyone in the league …….

Oh , ok , if that is what you think .Keep thinking that .

I literally think we could possibly lose to everyone in the league.

Today’s performance was awful . Similar to the spring.I am in disbelief and shock about the status of Furman football. The future does not look bright.
bj93, purplehorse, FU69 and 3 others liked this
 #43684  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:22 pm
fu77fan wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:13 pm
My opinion -
We are awful on offense. We cannot run the ball up the middle. We cannot run around the ends. We are awful when we attempt to run the option . We are very inconsistent in our passing game . Many inaccurate passes. We do not extend the defense by throwing long. Based on the above, we do not have the offense to sustain a drive. That is why we scored 3 points today. Embarrassing.

CH opinion on the post game show - “We are as good as anyone in the league …….

Oh , ok , if that is what you think .Keep thinking that .

I literally think we could possibly lose to everyone in the league.

Today’s performance was awful . Similar to the spring.I am in disbelief and shock about the status of Furman football. The future does not look bright.
If we are in fact as good as anyone in the league, but yet we can’t demonstrate that on the field, then it clearly points to coaching and execution. But honestly, our O is definitely one of the worst in the league and FCS.
FU69 liked this
 #43687  by Sad Din
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:10 pm
Terrible?

Underachieving?

Poorly coached?

Inept on offense?
Yep and delusional as well
bj93, FU69 liked this
 #43688  by FU3
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm
“CH opinion on the post game show - “We are as good as anyone in the league “
It is hard to say because our O scheme is so inept but I actually think he is correct.We are just a very poorly coached football team right now.
bj93, FU69, Paladin575 and 1 others liked this
 #43689  by Thorny
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:32 pm
Positives: We have a solid defense and have noticeably improved since this spring with play from the offensive line (in both pass protection and short yardage situations), QB, and WRs.

Negatives: We were so bad this spring that the improvements aren't doing it for me.

Not being able to run the ball in a run based offense with a NFL prospect halfback is just...
 #43691  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:36 pm
CCH also said “we just have very little room for error right now”. AGREE. that’s without question. Especially in offense. I’m watching other games on TV and plays break for 15-20 yards. We just don’t seem able to create any threats offensively. 2 yd runs are our bread and butter 😒
FU69 liked this
 #43694  by Thorny
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:36 pm
Didn’t JD just grant CH a contract extension? Another 5 yrs of poor football.
It seemed like a bold move at the time.
FU69 liked this
 #43695  by FU3
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:41 pm
“On Wednesday afternoon, Hendrix told the USA TODAY Network that the extension – in which the details were previously undisclosed – will keep him around through the 2025 season. “
After the debacle in the spring season it seemed a little strange to kick in another 5 years. This team needs to make some changes especially on O and these moves are why you get paid the big $$.
bj93 liked this
 #43699  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:48 pm
Pray there is a buyout clause. I’ll admit that I thought GQ would be successful, but when CH made Cronic the original OC, that told the real story.
bj93 liked this
 #43701  by FU3
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:55 pm
GQ was as good a high school head coach as there has been. What he is not is an FCS O Coordinator.
FU69, bj93, QCGlue liked this
 #43702  by Sad Din
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm
Except for the time Cronic was here the offense has been pretty bad with Fowler and Hendrix. Fowlers issue was that he wasnt willing to part ways with Sorrells ... his bud

If Hendrix doesnt do something he will suffer the same fate IMHO
bj93 liked this
 #43703  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:26 pm
Furman football used to be exciting, not anymore. Used to we could break a big run or have a long pass play at anytime. Not anymore. Call it boring. We had another big crowd today the second in a row of 10k plus. The home side was more crowded today than for the A&T game but of course MU didn’t bring anywhere near what A&T did. Doubt any of the newbies will be back after that debacle.
 #43704  by FU3
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 pm
Well a couple of weeks ago you were predicting no one was going to come anyway. As bad as the football has been the game day experience is MUCH better.The folks that came up with this deserve kudos.
FU69, FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.