• Mercer Game Thread

#43626  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:59 pm
This is shaping up to be another blowout. Cronic is showcasing the offense that we had in Cronic’s short tenure under Hendrix. Meanwhile, we continue with our pathetic do nothing, run up the middle O.
Last edited by Paladin91 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bj93, FU69, QCGlue liked this
 #43636  by jesse174
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:19 pm
that's the season...at least we know early that we are no good....we were over rated in pre season...not 3rd in conference.... try last
furpal81 liked this
 #43637  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:20 pm
Mercer 21 FU 3
Flat out embarrassing that Drew Cronic beats our seasoned program in yr 1 and 2 as Mercer’s head coach. We are not a good football team.
furpal81, Affirm, FU69 liked this
 #43639  by purplehorse
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 pm
The FU TD which was called back for holding was huge. The near TD where our receiver was out of bounds was huge.

Both Hamp’s interceptions were bad.

A game of inches but down 21-3 we were dominated. Their offense was much more explosive than ours. Unlike Jackal who thinks our D is great (bigger, faster, stronger players) I don’t see it. I have ZERO confidence we will come back and predict a long season. We are going to lose the few fans we have left if we don’t become a winning program where we compete for the playoffs. Being down 21-3 to Mercer at half at home is more than embarrassing. I am not at all shocked but am very disappointed.
Affirm, Paladin575 liked this
 #43640  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:27 pm
We need to hire from outside the program. This group of coaches cannot get it done. We either have a lack of talent, lack of coaching, or both. Hendrix has had a few years now and quality of play is not getting any better. I’d say we have regressed from CH’a first couple of seasons. That should not happen.
FU69 liked this
 #43642  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm
:roll:
purplehorse wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:25 pm
The FU TD which was called back for holding was huge. The near TD where our receiver was out of bounds was huge.

Both Hamp’s interceptions were bad.

A game of inches but down 21-3 we were dominated. Their offense was much more explosive than ours. Unlike Jackal who thinks our D is great (bigger, faster, stronger players) I don’t see it. I have ZERO confidence we will come back and predict a long season. We are going to lose the few fans we have left if we don’t become a winning program where we compete for the playoffs. Being down 21-3 to Mercer at half at home is more than embarrassing. I am not at all shocked but am very disappointed.
Jackal is a joke - you’d think we have the best D in FCS if you listened to him. I told him we’d lose by 2 TDs to Mercer. Our D is not very good, our O is not very good - we are far from a playoff caliber team.
 #43643  by furpal81
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:38 pm
We have the most boring and vanilla offense in college football. Absolutely no fire or excitement! I like CCH but it may be time for a change whether coaching or player as we seem to be getting worse the longer he’s at the helm
 #43645  by Paladin91
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:41 pm
furpal81 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:38 pm
We have the most boring and vanilla offense in college football. Absolutely no fire or excitement! I like CCH but it may be time for a change whether coaching or player as we seem to be getting worse the longer he’s at the helm
If you look at CHs offense in his first year, that was all due to Cronic as the OC. Since then, it’s been a complete dud under Quarles.
furpal81, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.