• The Rest Of the Season

#4359  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm
The way the SoCon is makes Saturday's collapse even more important. We put a win in the loss column. There is no way to reverse that. Now there is no room for error. Is this team capable of running the table? I disagree about Wofford not being tested. They went to Wyoming and lost in the last minute 17-14. I think they passed that test. I am sure WC fans are expecting a cakewalk thru the SoCon. Whether that happens are not remains to be seen. Right now WC fans are prolly feeling pretty good.
Both of them.
 #4361  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
The way the SoCon is makes Saturday's collapse even more important. We put a win in the loss column. There is no way to reverse that. Now there is no room for error. Is this team capable of running the table? I disagree about Wofford not being tested. They went to Wyoming and lost in the last minute 17-14. I think they passed that test. I am sure WC fans are expecting a cakewalk thru the SoCon. Whether that happens are not remains to be seen. Right now WC fans are prolly feeling pretty good.
By show of hands, does anyone honestly believe that Saturday's loss wasn't painful or it wasn't a game we shouldn't have won? You continuing to say it doesn't change the fact that literally everyone understands that.

Wofford is a good football team. They have a new coaching staff, but returned a lot of talented defensive players (you'll note their offense isn't particularly metionable). Most of those defensive players graduate this season. Let's talk about them next year.
 #4366  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:18 pm
Flagman wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:55 pm
apaladin wrote:
Both of them.
This applies to how they are feeling about the health of all their teeth as well.
 #4369  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:26 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 pm
By show of hands, does anyone honestly believe that Saturday's losses weren’t painful or weren’t games we shouldn't have won?
2 “YES!!” votes from me

#4381  by Davemeister
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm
Talking about how mediocre everyone else is doesn't make us any better. We need to put our own house in order. GO 'DINS!
 #4386  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:31 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm
Talking about how mediocre everyone else is doesn't make us any better. We need to put our own house in order. GO 'DINS!
Right. It will be interesting to see how the SoCon does in the playoffs - regardless who is/are our representatives. I hope it's us but I am Honestly curious either way. We got shut down by Wofford in playoffs.. Only to see them get SMOKED at NDSU. The entire league needs to step up. Or at least have a strong top tier like the ol' big 3
 #4387  by apaladin
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:34 pm
I hoped I would never have to do this, but I have had to bring my CBF mode out of retirement. This means my mindset will be to be in Paladin Stadium and cheer on the Paladins and not worry about winning, playoffs, championships etc. Just take one game at a time and try to get as much enjoyment as I can from that day/game.
 #4393  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:01 am
On the bright side, if we assume this is a bit of a rebuilding year, look at the future of where we are headed.

We are probably in for some growing pains this season, but with the new redshirt rules and youth on offense, we are getting a lot of guys a lot of experience playing right now. In a year or two, that should pay pretty nice dividends.

Truthfully, I’m impressed with the talent we have on the team. I really like what I see at the skill positions. We need better OL play and I think that will make our QB situation look a lot better.
 #4396  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am
Speaking of QB, since we are still mathematically in the SoCon race I think HR will take most of the snaps on Saturday. If and when the second loss comes then you have to go with the freshmen. Neither of them have been impressive throwing the ball regardless of the OL play. Sisson is red-shirting so maybe he comes into play next season? You never know who we may pick up in the off-season too.
 #4403  by fufanatic
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:07 am
apaladin wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:25 am
Speaking of QB, since we are still mathematically in the SoCon race I think HR will take most of the snaps on Saturday. If and when the second loss comes then you have to go with the freshmen. Neither of them have been impressive throwing the ball regardless of the OL play. Sisson is red-shirting so maybe he comes into play next season? You never know who we may pick up in the off-season too.
Unless he brings nothing to the table, I'm hoping they'll throw Sisson in at least a little bit. Might as well see what you have there/use his 4 games up before redshirting him.
MNORM liked this
 #4409  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:44 pm
It may well be a non-factor but I keep thinking that 4th quarter in JC is going to come back and haunt us down the road.
 #4412  by gman
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:12 pm
apaladin wrote:
It may well be a non-factor but I keep thinking that 4th quarter in JC is going to come back and haunt us down the road.
Down the road? I hope the team is haunted now by that quarter. I hope it haunted them on the bus driving down the mountain and I hope it haunts them in practice today.
 #4416  by gofurman
 Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:50 pm
apaladin wrote:
As painful as that would be, it would be a good thing. Because it would mean we hit back in the conference race. ETSU only doesn’t haunt us if we have a losing year. Go 6-4 and it haunts us