• MERCER

#43581  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:37 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:14 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:33 am
5 MU Turnovers…
1 INT - Back-up QB rollout pass just tipped by 6-5 OLB right into Defender’s hands (AL)
1 INT - bad ball thrown by starting QB (AL)
1 Fumble by Back-up RB (Point)
1 Fumble by 3rd Team QB (Point)
1 INT - Back-up QB perfect pass - clank off Back-up Retriever’s hands right into Defender’s (Point)

I mean, that is sort of misleading.
LOL - so, adding additional & accurate information (reflecting the current situation vs. a backward-looking perspective) to a Cherry-picked statistic is now called “misleading.”

Must have been redefined in the tranche of such recent activity that completely redefined the term “extraordinary success.”
Furmanoid liked this
 #43583  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:04 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
5 MU Turnovers…
1 INT - Back-up QB rollout pass just tipped by 6-5 OLB right into Defender’s hands (AL)
1 INT - Back-up QB perfect pass - clank off Back-up Retriever’s hands right into Defender’s (Point)

LOL - so, adding additional & accurate information (reflecting the current situation vs. a backward-looking perspective) to a Cherry-picked statistic is now called “misleading.”

Must have been redefined in the tranche of such recent activity that completely redefined the term “extraordinary success.”

Add all the context you want, it doesn't change what the data says.
 #43584  by JohnKX512
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 pm
3 FU turnovers... (3 games)

1 Fumble by Roberto (A&T)
1 INT Sisson (A&T)
1 INT Sisson (NCSU)

1 recovered fumble, 1 interception in AT game, 3 interceptions at TTU, 1 fumble recovery at NCSU

Furman +3 TO margin

Did I do that right?
 #43585  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:

1 INT Sisson (A&T)
1 INT Sisson (NCSU)

1 recovered fumble, 1 interception in AT game, 3 interceptions at TTU, 1 fumble recovery at NCSU

Furman +3 TO margin

Did I do that right?
I believe so.

I'm sure FuBear would want me to add the additional and accurate information that Roberto's fumble was committed by our backup fullback and was, therefore, not given proper context. Also, both interceptions were tipped balls, so they weren't like real interceptions.
 #43586  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:13 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
5 MU Turnovers…

That’s 100% correct.

And, as soon as we move to all official game outcomes being determined by computer simulations, that data is all that will matter. We’re not there yet, are we?
 #43587  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:36 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:52 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:

1 INT Sisson (A&T)
1 INT Sisson (NCSU)

Furman +3 TO margin

Did I do that right?
I believe so.

I'm sure FuBear would want me to…

…add the additional and accurate information that Roberto's fumble was committed by our backup fullback and was, therefore, not given proper context.

Also, both interceptions were tipped balls, so they weren't like real interceptions.
FUBeAR don’t care.

Bold implies facts not in evidence. Any inferences you drew from the additional information FUBeAR supplied, that’s, of course, on you.
 #43591  by Furmanoid
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
5 MU Turnovers…

Data doesn’t say anything. It’s just data. Data interpretations based on small data sets like game stats are usually inferior to those based on massive data sets like game film. Stats are used to give a quick and dirty summary of what transpired. Film shows what actually happened. Film is data.

In my old life we used well and core data to model what going on with underground plumes of contaminated water. We had good data. But it was incomplete. The models were always wrong. If we could have somehow gotten underground game film of those plumes, we would have had a much, much better idea of what going on.
 #43593  by bigpurple75
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:33 pm
Is this the UFFP? Reminds me of a Statistics/Chemistry/Biology class back in the day! Real nightmares!
dornb, FU69 liked this
 #43606  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
Is this the UFFP? Reminds me of a Statistics/Chemistry/Biology class back in the day! Real nightmares!
You’re right. Let’s get back to UFFP roots!

Furman - Bell Tower - 88 feets tall

Mercer - Admin Bldg - unknown exact feets tall, but it am really tall and it am a long bus ride from the angry furmans
 #43611  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:32 am
As it has been relayed to me by an authority on Georgia history, Mercer's Admin building is across from Tattnall Square Park. Tattnall Square Park is one of the state's oldest green spaces and is named after Georgia's 25th Governor (who has, I believe, no connection to Macon). Tattnall was, I believe, the first native-born Governor of the state after the creation of the union.

The land on which Mercer sits was originally set aside as an enticement by Macon to move the capitol from Milledgeville to Macon. The hilly rise was to be capitol hill and they opted to build a park across the street and name it after a Georgia governor.

The capitol, of course, moved to Atlanta in 1868. Macon then enticed Mercer, then located in Penfield, to move to the hilly rise across from the park. They did so in 1871.
 #43612  by Louis Tully
 Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:35 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
You’re right. Let’s get back to UFFP roots!

Furman - Bell Tower - 88 feets tall

Mercer - Admin Bldg - unknown exact feets tall, but it am really tall and it am a long bus ride from the angry furmans
The drama begin on the bus ride over.......

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.