• New Clear Bag Policy

#43549  by MNORM
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:40 pm
"Approved seat cushions may be carried into the venue. "

This is so ridiculously vague.
dornb, bj93, FU69 liked this
 #43551  by FUBeAR
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:03 pm
FUBeAR hopes his seat cushion is approved as it’s permanently attached.
 #43553  by fupaladin01
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:01 pm
As we're all attempting to assign a motive to the anonymous authors of this policy, I'll weigh in. My guess would be that with the expanded food options offered at the concession stands as well as the Wicked Weed and food truck offerings which more than likely come with a profit guarantee for the vendor, the university is attempting to discourage any food and drink smugglers that would otherwise buy a chicken sandwich, taco, beer, etc.

As to the safety aspect, yes, weapons are unlikely to be brought to PS, but it could happen. The folly is in thinking a clear bag policy will prevent it. If they were serious about keeping guns out (not saying this was the intent behind the policies), they'd install metal detectors.

I don't like the policy, and the timing IS strange. (Perhaps planning for more "non-regulars/unknowns" attending means they're optimistic about growing attendance?) If enough people object to it, I suggest calling repeatedly and writing letters or emails until they listen or you give up. But sitting around trying to determine which radicals it is designed to thwart seems a bigger waste of time.
FU69, Paladin575 liked this
 #43555  by FurmAlum
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:53 pm
I've been going to various sports games for many years with only my car keys and a wallet. What's the big deal?

If your ass hurts, just get up and walk around occasionally or take a jacket and sit on it.

Buy your food and drink at the concession stand to support the program.
FU69 liked this
 #43592  by rangab
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:33 pm
We have a so called president in the wh that has let american soldiers die in Afghanistan and allowed our border to be crossed by anyone. This a hole is the traitor and anyone that voted for him. So yea rounball you are the traitor !
tim liked this
 #43596  by Flagman
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:36 pm
rangab wrote:
We have a so called president in the wh that has let american soldiers die in Afghanistan and allowed our border to be crossed by anyone. This a hole is the traitor and anyone that voted for him. So yea rounball you are the traitor !
Comments like this are why we have a forum entitled “General Idiocy “
bj93, FU69 liked this
 #43597  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:48 pm
Flagman wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:36 pm
rangab wrote:
Comments like this are why we have a forum entitled General Idiocy
Why? What was his role in the Afghanistan debacle?
tim, FurmanMom60 liked this
 #43598  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
I've been going to various sports games for many years with only my car keys and a wallet. What's the big deal?

If your ass hurts, just get up and walk around occasionally or take a jacket and sit on it.

You must not have to deal with any females. 🤣🤣
dornb, FU69 liked this
 #43601  by dornb
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:34 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:47 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

You must not have to deal with any females. 🤣🤣
Amen, AP! I have ordered a clear bag and new seat cushions, but they will not arrive until Saturday and Sunday. Maybe if the announcement had been made Monday, I would have had enough time. I have packed a gallon ziplock. It is jam-packed and has no handles! :(
FU69 liked this
 #43603  by FurmAlum
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:47 pm
Au contraire AP, I do have to deal with a female + two grown daughters, one of which is also an alum.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've been to any games since these clear-bag policies have been in force, certainly not a Furman game since we live so far away. Last FU game was 2015 opener vs Coastal.

We are going to try to make it down to a game this year if we can work it out. I have not told my wife about the new clear bag policy, so I might be in trouble yet.
apaladin, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.