• 2021 SoCon vs. FBS

#43459  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:14 am
gman84 wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:49 am
I know this was a looooong time ago, but I remember a FU team that was shut out in our game with Clemson. I think it was the 89 team, one of the best ever FU teams. The score was 31-0 and we had something like a total of 130 yards on offense. Did not mean a dang thing as far as the rest of the season.
Yep it was 30-0 and Clempson was #12 in the country and it was close at the half 13-0 IIRC. CU scored late for the final score.
 #43493  by FUBeAR
 Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:20 am
DeepPurple wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:43 am
Did not see much competitiveness with Mercer. I don't know how serious Alabama even took the game. NC State took the game serious, I think they had heard enough of their losing record to Furman. The stadium was full and they were and are a lot better. UTC and ETSU, yes throw them a bone. Mercer does not get one.
y’know, DP. I was thinking about this & you may be right. I even found this picture of Coach Saban just chillin’ out in the 4th quarter. That vein about to burst in his neck pretty much proves your point.
Paladin82, DeepPurple liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.