• Taking off the Purple Colored Glasses: A moment of Clarity

#4349  by Purpleglasses
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:59 am
:D To all the Paladin Faithful,
I must admit, ever so regretfully, that the cause of our record this season lies totally with me and my egregious dereliction of duties as a Paladin fan.
The cause for the losses has nothing to do with the Coaching Staff, Play calling from the field level and not the box, players having no concept of TEAM, or being un-mature, or the physical health of players, it lies totally with me.

Clemson- We got what we were expecting from the 2nd best team in all college football.

Elon- my wife served Corn dip and not Buffalo Phoenix Dip for the game which I could not attend because of the 7.5 hour drive from BHam. The loss had nothing to do with the fact that that Elon's receivers could actually catch the balls that were being thrown that game, whereas they could not the previous week to a 4-0 USF team, nor the fact that they ran it down our throats all night on a weary defense. It also has nothing to do with the fact that we are not talented enough to overcome turnovers, scoop 6's, and multiple 3 and outs. It is all about my absence and the Corn Dip.

Colgate- I jinxed this one a week before the game with all the talk of Florence. I said Florence was a Fish just like all the other storms in the Atlantic, and this was just weather channel hype to get Jim Cantore his required screen time. The cancellation is due to my terrible skepticism. Who knows what the outcome could have been.

ETSU- after the 6 hour drive to Johnson City, we arrived at the game and I noticed my son was not wearing the usual black game day shorts but, in stead, his BLUE COLUMBIA FISHING SHORTS with a gray FU shirt...my wife, also ,did not use her Furman Tervis on the trip and used another Cup with Blue Daisies on it ??? I was a terribly inefficient trip planner and my supervision skills have been sent up to Mike Buddie for review. I promise it will get better.

I fall on the Paladin Sword, I beg your forgiveness, and pray that CCH and Staff and Players will forgive me as well.
I evidently have A LOT to improve on, and need to get my game in order...If I work hard we still can do this...its only 1 conference loss...I will be more diligent in the future...I promise. :D
QCGlue, dornb, FUBeAR liked this
 #4360  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:02 pm
Don't let it happen again. I've worn all of my "lucky" attire to these away games that I've worn for years, including the purple boxers. Since I've held up my end (pun intended), I'll extend my forgiveness and the forgiveness of Paladin Nation for your mis-deeds. Repent and sin no more. ;)
QCGlue, Purpleglasses, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #4365  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm
I went into GaSou’s locker room after the 1985 Nat’l Championship game and you know what Tracy Ham was wearing under his uniform pants?

Boxers with blue daisies on them!

How could you?!?

That cup must be destroyed with extreme prejudice!!!
Purpleglasses liked this
 #4385  by Flagman
 Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:28 pm
Purpleglasses wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:19 pm
FUBeAR,
I would destroy the Tervis, but Home Owners Insurance would not issue a replacement cost binder on it.
and Flag...I hope the boxers are being washed! :lol:
:o