• Questions For AD

#43450  by DanScott
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:17 am
Recording another video with JD the AD today. Any questions for him? Still have some left over from the last session to get to.
 #43452  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:56 am
Just a thought…new End Zone Fan Experience (which FUBeAR 100% endorses without question)…Reckon could we envision & fund some structure(s) that could elevate fans who want to watch the game from that vantage point, without blocking the scoreboard…with food/bev service…think scaled down version of Braves Chop House or Rockies Rooftop or Drive’s Green Monster area…could be reserved for Private Groups or open to public, if not reserved. Just spit-ballin’ - idea needs work. Question is…I guess…Does he think there is demand for that type of Experience, and, if so, are we willing to invest in it?
QCGlue, Affirm, DeepPurple and 2 others liked this
 #43466  by Affirm
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:27 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Just a thought…new End Zone Fan Experience (which FUBeAR 100% endorses without question)…Reckon could we envision & fund some structure(s) that could elevate fans who want to watch the game from that vantage point, without blocking the scoreboard…with food/bev service…think scaled down version of Braves Chop House or Rockies Rooftop or Drive’s Green Monster area…could be reserved for Private Groups or open to public, if not reserved. Just spit-ballin’ needs work. Question is…I guess…Does he think there is demand for that type of Experience, and, if so, are we willing to invest in it?
I would not want to see such a section used by fans of anyone other than Furman fans and specifically Furman fans who are interested in what’s happening on the field. Needs to be somewhat of a cheering section for our fans supporting our team especially in critical situations.
FU69 liked this
 #43476  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:26 pm
Hey Dan, can you let us know when its ready for viewing? TIA
 #43479  by greenvegas
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:02 pm
When can we see an artist's rendering of the inside of the improved Timmons Arena court and stands area etc.
 #43518  by Affirm
 Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:01 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:59 pm
Excellent. Thank you Dan.
Excellent is right! As I think I've said before about both of them, Furman needs to do what it feasibly can do to keep either of them from leaving. I expect Furman already knows that. Furman needs to keep trying to add ways to keep each of them. Furman is also fortunate to have Dan Scott.
dornb, furpop16, MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #43527  by FurmAlum
 Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:27 pm
Ditto. Very impressive people leading Furman sports.
FU69 liked this
 #43554  by FU69
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:18 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Just a thought…new End Zone Fan Experience (which FUBeAR 100% endorses without question)…Reckon could we envision & fund some structure(s) that could elevate fans who want to watch the game from that vantage point, without blocking the scoreboard…with food/bev service…think scaled down version of Braves Chop House or Rockies Rooftop or Drive’s Green Monster area…could be reserved for Private Groups or open to public, if not reserved. Just spit-ballin’ - idea needs work. Question is…I guess…Does he think there is demand for that type of Experience, and, if so, are we willing to invest in it?
Not certain if this is even true, but one of the servers, who LOVES FU football, here at The Woodlands dining told me that concessions made more than $20,000 more than at at any previous game in recent years. She seems to be in charge of only a portion of tailgate related food/drink sales. Didn’t question her as to whether most of this was related to beer/wine sales, or the entire EZFE. IF THIS IS TRUE, I agree totally with FUBeAR’s TOTAL SUPPORT of this type of innovative thinking by AD and his team.
FUBeAR liked this
 #43557  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:40 pm
I imagine that increase was due to the peeps from NC A&T. It should return to normal on Saturday as MU won’t bring a quarter of what A&T did.
 #43560  by Flagman
 Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 pm
According to Jason, Mercer is bringing their band and have plans to bus students, also.
apaladin, FU69 liked this
 #43566  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:12 am
Flagman wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 pm
According to Jason, Mercer is bringing their band and have plans to bus students, also.
The bigger question is will Flagman be in the house?
FU69 liked this
 #43570  by Flagman
 Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:30 am
Absolutely! Tested negative.
FUBeAR, dornb, GOAT and 2 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.