• Injuris..

#43334  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:16 pm
Anyone miss this game or have to leave>>?

Other than Sochovka? send PM if you prefer - please let me know. I was able to watch second half / 3rd and 4th but not the whole game
 #43335  by FurmAlum
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:19 pm
As far as I could tell no obvious injuries. I'm sure there will be a few aches and pains though. It was a hard hitting game when we weren't bouncing off their running backs.
QCGlue liked this
 #43336  by dornb
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:21 pm
Parker Stokes was on the sidelines with his shoulder. I hope it's not serious.
gofurman liked this
 #43338  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:27 pm
dornb wrote:
I think Stokes took a full bullet throw into his outstretched arm from point blank range. That had to have hurt like the dickens.
 #43339  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:29 pm
The Jackal wrote:
dornb wrote:
I think Stokes took a full bullet throw into his outstretched arm from point blank range. That had to have hurt like the dickens.
hope we aren't down Stokes and Sochovka.... that would be two on the DL
 #43349  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:53 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
dornb wrote:
Didn’t see it, but if he was hit in the arm with a Football, FUBeAR would be shocked if he is unable to play next week, unless that ball was launched from a 105 mm M101A1 howitzer.
gofurman liked this
 #43351  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:56 pm
Thank you ALL for information

Beat Mercer! ( no offense FUBeAR ]. Lol
 #43359  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
dornb wrote:
Didn’t see it, but if he was hit in the arm with a Football, FUBeAR would be shocked if he is unable to play next week, unless that ball was launched from a 105 mm M101A1 howitzer.

This is the play where he came off holding his arm.

It sort of doesn't do it justice to say he was hit with a football. His arm took the full force of the throw from about 6 inches away. I imagine he'll be fine, but that had to have hurt.

#43363  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:34 am
A real shame if he's hurt. That play was one of the few highlights of the evening for Furman.
 #43417  by FUBeAR
 Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:23 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
dornb wrote:

This is the play where he came off holding his arm.

It sort of doesn't do it justice to say he was hit with a football. His arm took the full force of the throw from about 6 inches away. I imagine he'll be fine, but that had to have hurt.

Yeah - just watched it on ESPN replay. OUCH!!!

Looks like the point of the ball nailed him on the inside of the wrist, close to his hand. That’s a real ‘soft spot.’ Tons of nerves & blood vessels very close to the surface, as well as more than a few small bones ‘live’ there…without much meat padding ‘em up. That can hurt like a sonofagun and possibly injure. My guess - some very, very sore tissue, nasty bruise from popped blood vessels, and should be able to go Sat. - just a guess. No inside info at all.
 #43430  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:21 am
It was a strange play. It's rare (at least I think it is) for a defensive lineman to bat down a ball that close to the QB and not actually affect the throw.

I imagine the football is traveling at its fastest right after the ball leaves the QB's hand. Stokes' arm couldn't have been a foot from the release point.
 #43441  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:02 am
Clay was asked about Stokes during his Monday show - he said Parker had a sore arm but could have come back in the game. They decided to hold him out and play the younger players (he talked about Bryce Stanfield).

Clay also made an interesting comment about when playing an FBS school from behind significantly. Furman did not keep starters in trying to score late in the game. They wanted to see what they have with some players, and Furman ran their game plan. Hope I did his comment justice.

I thought three freshmen played very well in the second half;
Dominic Morris DB
Caden Richards SPUR
Bryce Stanfield DT/DE
 #43444  by FUBeAR
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:25 am
AstroDin wrote:
Clay was asked about Stokes during his Monday show - he said Parker had a sore arm but could have come back in the game. They decided to hold him out and play the younger players (he talked about Bryce Stanfield).

Clay also made an interesting comment about when playing an FBS school from behind significantly. Furman did not keep starters in trying to score late in the game. They wanted to see what they have with some players, and Furman ran their game plan. Hope I did his comment justice.

Dominic Morris DB
Caden Richards SPUR
Bryce Stanfield DT/DE
Yeah - just watched…he said shoulder…I suppose it could have gotten wrenched in there or kind of a whiplash thing from the force of the ball. Sounds like he’ll be fine. FUBeAR did notice Stanfield in there. Good looking frame, played well. And the ‘flow’ on Richards is exquisite!
AstroDin liked this
 #43447  by The Jackal
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:02 am
AstroDin wrote:

Dominic Morris DB
Caden Richards SPUR
Bryce Stanfield DT/DE

I was impressed with what I saw with Shiflett, and glad he had an opportunity to run the offense some.
FUBeAR, dornb, AstroDin liked this
 #43464  by AstroDin
 Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:27 pm
agree about Shiflett ^^ ^

Concerning QB how will the coaches use Shiflett the rest of the season? he looked calm and was up for the moment Saturday. that's a good sign.

The coaches want to redshirt Jace Wilson now comes the strategic part which four SoCon games do you play Wilson?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.