• Pick The Score

#43210  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:04 am
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:16 am
alright — I rarely pick a score but I'll make an exception.
The previews I've read from those that cover the ACC, all say Furman has the defense to make this game interesting but not the offense. Most pick on a) offensive line - with four redshirt sophomores b) a defensive backfield with four freshmen on the two-deep. Can Pack QB Devin Leary be patient avoid Furman's blitzing and take advantage of his receivers? I see the Wolfpack getting a few big plays, maybe a long drive, maybe two. NCST 27

Offensively I think this is going to come down to a few things if Furman has a chance for a win. Furman needs several short field drives. I see Furman picking up 2 maybe three field goals. Furman needs a score on a busted play coverage. Furman needs an early drive for a touchdown. That puts the game within reach at 27-20.

The Mojo of David Whitehurst and Bobby Lamb engulf Sisson and the mojo of Robbie Gardner gives Devin Wynn an extra bit of will on the final drive of the game. Furman scores go for two—and this time there is a Miracle in a Carter-Findley endzone. Furman 28-27!

and why not?

I don't think there's any question that NCSU is going to try to throw the ball to their big WRs downfield.

The interesting matchup may be less about NCSU's WRs on our DBs, but our pass rush against their QB. Against MSU, Leary made some awful decisions with the football under pressure, and frankly, the score could have been worse. Against a perceived "weaker" opponent, he may feel more confident in trying to force a throw where he should not.

It's one thing to have big WRs. It's another thing to get the ball to them.
 #43222  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:54 pm
Some of you are saying FU will score double what NC St has given up to 2 previous FBS teams. Just don’t see it. One other thing that may be a factor is this will be HS first action in an FBS game. Hiw will he react?
 #43225  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:24 pm
apaladin wrote:
Some of you are saying FU will score double what NC St has given up to 2 previous FBS teams. Just don’t see it. One other thing that may be a factor is this will be HS first action in an FBS game. Hiw will he react?

And you are predicting a 38-0 loss after picking Furman to lose by 20 to NC A&T. So, you aren't exactly the paragon of accurate pickems.
Roundball liked this
 #43233  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

And you are predicting a 38-0 loss after picking Furman to lose by 20 to NC A&T. So, you aren't exactly the paragon of accurate pickems.
Never said by 20. 2 scores 10-14. Yes I’m happy I was wrong. NC A&T was over-rated.
 #43234  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:59 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:54 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Never said by 20. 2 scores 10-14. Yes I’m happy I was wrong. NC A&T was over-rated.

Who says A&T is overrated? They lost to us by 11 and lost to an FBS program.

You think they are overrated because Furman handled them and you don't think Furman is very good.
Roundball liked this
 #43362  by Davemeister
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:30 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:31 pm
Since the original NCSt thread has turned into yet another Covid discussion. Haven’t done one of these this year so lets have a go at it, The closest to the final score will win absolutely nothing. If you are going to post a “trying to be funny” score please don’t. I will start.
After watching NCS shutout South Florida who scored 20 on Florida the next week, and giving up only 2 TD’s to Miss. St. I can easily see NCS pitching a shutout against the ‘dins. I think the FU offense is improving but think it will struggle a lot against the Pack.
NCSt 38 FU 0

apaladin came much closer than anyone else. Sadly, his final score prediction turned out to to be the halftime score.
Affirm, apaladin liked this
 #43371  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Actually, after last night, he is.
apaladin, gofurman liked this
 #43373  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:17 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:07 pm
The Jackal wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Actually, after last night, he is.
The Jackal liked this
 #43375  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:07 am
State 34
Furman 3
I was 3 pts closer on Furman than AP.- he said 38-0) Sadly he was a little closer on State scoring at ease on our vaunted D

Give him credit. When the rubber met the road AP guessed it best. We can try again next week on a more important game!
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.