• NC State - Sept. 18

#42999  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:58 pm
Can the Paladins pull off the shocker :?:

Hopefully there will be a really good Furman fan turnout in Raleigh next Saturday
 #43023  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:33 am
My favorite time to play FBS teams is when they have a big game the following week. The Pack plays Clemson at home the week after Furman. They may be focusing more on next week's game than this week's game.

Unfortunately, Jacksonville State just put all the ACC coaches that value their jobs on notice that FCS teams shouldn't be trifled with.
 #43031  by FurmAlum
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:16 am
The N.C. State game is on the ACC Network. Right?

My cable provider here (Xfinity) does not carry the ACC Network.

Is there any other way to watch this game without driving 9 hours to Raleigh?
 #43032  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:19 am
FurmAlum wrote:

In sort of a weird twist of fate, the last few years the only Furman game that is difficult to get on TV is the game against the highest profile opponent. We had a similar issue a few years ago with Virginia Tech.
 #43033  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 am
FurmAlum wrote:

Not on ACC network. The game is on Bally Sports South, formerly Fox Sports South and before that just Sports South. It is on channel 646 on Directv, Any cable company should carry this channel without any extra charges as it is the regional sports channel for this area. Also on ESPN3.
The Jackal, dornb liked this
 #43035  by cavedweller2
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:17 pm
U Verse 1724 in Greenville area.
 #43041  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:52 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:17 pm
U Verse 1724 in Greenville area.
I heard that someone in Greenville has Uverse, didn’t realize it was you! :shock:
 #43044  by Paul C
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:00 pm
Don’t look at the score in last nights game between Miss St and NC St and think NC St isn’t good. They played Miss St very well just made a handful of big mistakes. Their D is tough and will be difficult to run against.
 #43051  by fupaladin01
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:09 pm
After reading some of the NCSU boards, they are very disappointed in their offense, their QB, and they have zero faith in their coach. (I realize they are just fans but- so are we!) It also appears we will be at a significant size disadvantage. I think FU has the better coaches, and will have a good game plan. Can good execution overcome the gap in size and speed?

I suppose I wouldn't be too disappointed in a 37-16 loss but a one-TD swing play and it could get interesting...
 #43053  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pm
The last time we played them the difference in OL DL on both sides was eye opening. This is not Wyoming. I hate to say it but would love a 37-14 game. I think our D holds up pretty well but our O is really gonna struggle vs their size and speed on D … I expect 34-7 or so

For my old noggin :
NC State 45-0 over USF
NC State lost at Miss State 10-24 (on road played poorly, they are probably better than this)
Affirm liked this
 #43054  by gofurman
 Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:26 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:00 pm
Don’t look at the score in last nights game between Miss St and NC St and think NC St isn’t good. They played Miss St very well just made a handful of big mistakes. Their D is tough and will be difficult to run against.
Paul, agree. We will probably struggle to score. Not an insult. Just they have a strong FBS D and our O is not as good as our D in general
 #43067  by The Jackal
 Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:21 am
gofurman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:21 pm
The last time we played them the difference in OL DL on both sides was eye opening. This is not Wyoming. I hate to say it but would love a 37-14 game. I think our D holds up pretty well but our O is really gonna struggle vs their size and speed on D … I expect 34-7 or so

For my old noggin :
NC State 45-0 over USF
NC State lost at Miss State 10-24 (on road played poorly, they are probably better than this)
We played them a few years ago, I think, in Hendrix's first season. We're a better team now and much bigger on defense.
MNORM and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.