• Tennessee Tech - Sept. 11

#42949  by Jasper
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm
It looks like we are trying to run out the clock rather than score. That is not conservative. It is ridiculous with more than a quarter to go. We should be up 35 On this team.Iinstead we are keeping them in the game. Why do we insist on running the ball up the middle against an 8 man front? This is not a lack of execution by the players. The offensive scheme is not well designed and very predictable. It will not stand up against better competition and will put too much pressure on what is a very good defense. The shame is that we have a lot of weapons that are not being properly used. Changes are in order.
bj93, Affirm liked this
 #42950  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:08 pm
Great field position, another empty possession. Play calling has awful and execution about the same.
 #42951  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:09 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:01 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:56 pm
Our passing game is no where close to last week. Dropped passes. Bad passes. Short passes.
Agree, you forgot play calling, really have not used the middle of the field like last week and have went back to the dreaded sideline throws. Thats why we have less than half the yardage last week.
I'm sure the game plan this week called for a lot more running than we had in last week against A&T.

Offense has just looked out of sync. You can see Hendrix frustrated on the sideline.

On the plus side, our defense is as good as its been in 20 years.
 #42952  by El Guapo
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:10 pm
apaladin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Our passing game is no where close to last week. Dropped passes. Bad passes. Short passes.
Agree, you forgot play calling, really have not used the middle of the field like last week and have went back to the dreaded sideline throws. Thats why we have less than half the yardage last week.
I think the play calling trends conservative but then again we have a lead on the road and are holding their O in check. Our execution is the bigger issue IMO - specifically inaccurate passes.
 #42954  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm
El Guapo wrote:
apaladin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I think the play calling trends conservative but then again we have a lead on the road and are holding their O in check. Our execution is the bigger issue IMO - specifically inaccurate passes.
I'm in the same boat. I don't have an issue with the play calling. Yes, it's conservative, but there's no need to not be right now.

Execution has been weak.
 #42955  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:14 pm
Jasper wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm
It looks like we are trying to run out the clock rather than score. That is not conservative. It is ridiculous with more than a quarter to go. We should be up 35 On this team.Iinstead we are keeping them in the game. Why do we insist on running the ball up the middle against an 8 man front? This is not a lack of execution by the players. The offensive scheme is not well designed and very predictable. It will not stand up against better competition and will put too much pressure on what is a very good defense. The shame is that we have a lot of weapons that are not being properly used. Changes are in order.

Game plan is different than it was last week.

Last week was a more aggressive defensive front and more quick passing schemes. This week has been more of a focus on running with more option built in on a defense playing back a bit.
 #42957  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:17 pm
Statistically, Wynn is approaching 100 yards. Sisson has thrown for almost 200. 350+ yards in the 4th.

I think the issue has just been some execution and some second half issues with keeping drives going.
 #42958  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
It's midway through the 4th Q and TTU has 100 yards of offense.

They haven't really gotten further than Furman's 40
Defense has been stellar. Would be nice to get a shutout. When was last?
 #42959  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:21 pm
El Guapo wrote:
apaladin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I must be watching a different game, and I’m watching it in person. Sisson has not had many inaccurate passes. On the other hand, he has had at least four passes that should have been caught. He’s had a good passing game. We are up by 26 points on the road. I’ll take that all season long.
cavedweller2, din23, AstroDin and 2 others liked this
 #42960  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
It's midway through the 4th Q and TTU has 100 yards of offense.

They haven't really gotten further than Furman's 40
Defense has been stellar. Would be nice to get a shutout. When was last?
Our game notes state that our last shutout Oct. 2004 against Elon (10-0)

As an aside, that was a game where Furman fans were super concerned about the offense after a pretty bad Phoenix team limited a potent Paladin offense.
 #42961  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:21 pm
El Guapo wrote:
apaladin wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I must be watching a different game, and I’m watching it in person. Sisson has not had many inaccurate passes. On the other hand, he has had at least four passes that should have been caught. He’s had a good passing game. We are up by 26 points on the road. I’ll take that all season long.
All the statistic markers are good for Furman.

Sisson has looked good. We'll be fine this season.

When you surrender less than 20 points a game, scoring 26 is a good plan.
Roundball liked this
 #42963  by cavedweller2
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:25 pm
#2 and#89 are Going to be impact players.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.