#42889  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:40 am
affirm wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:11 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:49 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:50 pm
Does anyone really care about the USNews rankings except affirm when it comes to football. When a schedule is announced i have never thought for a second about where said team is ranked by USN&WR. :shock:
FUBeAR likes it when we play strong academic schools, and FUBeAR likes it when we play HBCU’s (could get both with Howard, I believe). FUBeAR also likes to play Teams we’ve never played and when we play Teams on the road that are located in fun cities (how bout teeing it up @ UNLV someday?) or located in Cool College Towns…like Cookeville, TN.
I agree about wanting to play HBCUs - yes.
I also agree that it IS surprising that we have not played Tennessee Tech more than we have, since they are apparently closer than 2 of our SoCon schools are.
Interesting. TTU's new field turf also has a purple end zone.

There can't be that many purple end zones in D1 football. TCU I think has one, but that may be it. Gotta be unique to play back to back games on fields with purple end zones.
 #42897  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:32 pm
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Does anyone really care about the USNews rankings except affirm when it comes to football. When a schedule is announced i have never thought for a second about where said team is ranked by USN&WR. :shock:
FUBeAR likes it when we play strong academic schools, and FUBeAR likes it when we play HBCU’s (could get both with Howard, I believe). FUBeAR also likes to play Teams we’ve never played and when we play Teams on the road that are located in fun cities (how bout teeing it up @ UNLV someday?) or located in Cool College Towns…like Cookeville, TN.
I also agree that it IS surprising that we have not played Tennessee Tech more than we have, since they are apparently closer than 2 of our SoCon schools are.

There can't be that many purple end zones in D1 football. TCU I think has one, but that may be it. Gotta be unique to play back to back games on fields with purple end zones.
The Bears of the D1 FCS’s University of Central Arkansas respectfully request that you hold their beer…

#42899  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:58 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:41 pm
That field is awesome.
I think they got a free bowl of soup with it. Looks good on them though.

Last edited by FUBeAR on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Taggart liked this
 #42906  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:36 am
I skimmed through the TTU/Samford game this morning with a cup of coffee.
Jackal, I think mentioned this the Samford's running game compared to Furman's running game there is no comparison. Samford especially early—ran to the outside with little success. It was a competitive game up to halftime (17-7). It looks to me that Samford's offense just wore TTU down quickly in the second half.

I did scan the TTU two-deep to get an idea of their size. #1 Chris Tucker (DE) got my attention. I scanned for him on the Furman game notes and it appears he's not listed for the game on the two-deep. Not sure who else for TTU is missing from the Furman game notes.

It will be interesting to see how Furman attracts the middle of the Eagles D.
 #42907  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 am
Pluck them yellowbirds, Dins!

Jasper liked this
 #42908  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:

The Bears of the D1 FCS’s University of Central Arkansas respectfully request that you hold their beer…

Decidedly not a purple end zone.
 #42910  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:51 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Decidedly not a purple end zone.
Overall, much purpler, nonetheless
 #42912  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:22 pm
VMI is getting destroyed by MAC Kent St. 53-3 midway thru 3rd qtr. Not a good look for the SoCon.
 #42913  by FUBeAR
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:35 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:22 pm
VMI is getting destroyed by MAC Kent St. 53-3 midway thru 3rd qtr. Not a good look for the SoCon.
…and the freakin’ bellhops are, again, pooping the posturepedic vs. CSU. Down 14-0 in the 1st and look awful on both sides of the ball.

DANGIT! (happy for CIT to look like crap, but it hurts the SoCon)
 #42916  by Roundball
 Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:53 pm
Impressed with the crowd. Must be over 10,000 here. A lot of young families. Paladins look good.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.