• The Great Experiment

#42755  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:56 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:00 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:30 pm
Bet we made a killing on parking yesterday too. About time we started charging to park like everyone else.
I doubt it was a killing, but possibly enough to pay for the parking attendants.
I hope the few parking attendants didn’t make $20,000+. Been a long time since you couldn’t find a parking place if you got there late. Lots were slammed full.
Last edited by apaladin on Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #42757  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:43 pm
I’m hopelessly torn between choosing Jason Donnelley or Mercer’s backup Placekicker for the newly inaugurated FUBeAR SoCon Performer of the Week (POW!) Award.

When I 1st drove through the gates of FU with my parents in 1977 as a semi-highly recruited (for those days) High School Football Player down for a game visit weekend, I fell in love with Furman for the 1st time.

I fell in love with Furman a 2nd time yesterday!

OUTSTANDING!!!
gman84, dornb, MidlandsPaladin and 5 others liked this
 #42784  by DoomedDin1127
 Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:25 am
I’d like to add to the sea of positive comments!

From a student in the band’s perspective, it was a huge success! Fans seemed to have fun, students stayed longer (despite what some may have seen), and bringing the tailgating inside the stadium was huge for the students. Everyone I have talked to had a blast.

Remember y’all, this was the first time we did this. More people will (hopefully) come once this gains traction. Overall a GREAT success from my perspective.
apaladin, dornb, Roundball and 7 others liked this
 #42792  by palafan
 Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:24 pm
My friend was the unfortunate victim of being on a second date with her. That was 75% crazy and whatever she drank before the game at home. She will never be back.

In any event, I loved the atmosphere, and I hope it continues and gets better.
apaladin, dornb, Roundball and 2 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.