• How do we fill our 16,000 seat Paladin stadium? Which Home Schedule is more appealing?

#42618  by Furmanoid
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:08 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Absolutely agree. Who, other than alumni, would pay $25 for a child to go to a SoCon game? Maybe that’s just the way it has to be based on unwritten rules, but I don’t get it. Clearly we aren’t getting all hung up on attendance.
Answer: likely no one and prolly very few alumni would pay $25 for a young child. I do remember once upon a time we did not charge for kids 6 and under IIRC. Students up thru HS was half priced. Correct me if I’m wrong.
I remember getting the Family Funpack where the tickets were more or less full price but each included a hotdog, drink and candy bar which does add up to a pretty decent deal. But even that probably wouldn’t draw anyone other than alumni families.

Furman does a lot of outreach to kids in the community. I guess we emphasize the “outreach” part. Keep em at arm’s length. Those kids don’t need to be coming to games and such on our spiffy campus. They might steal stuff or use the bathrooms.
 #42619  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:
Absolutely agree. Who, other than alumni, would pay $25 for a child to go to a SoCon game? Maybe that’s just the way it has to be based on unwritten rules, but I don’t get it. Clearly we aren’t getting all hung up on attendance.
Answer: likely no one and prolly very few alumni would pay $25 for a young child. I do remember once upon a time we did not charge for kids 6 and under IIRC. Students up thru HS was half priced. Correct me if I’m wrong.
I remember getting the Family Funpack where the tickets were more or less full price but each included a hotdog, drink and candy bar which does add up to a pretty decent deal. But even that probably wouldn’t draw anyone other than alumni families.

Furman does a lot of outreach to kids in the community. I guess we emphasize the “outreach” part. Keep em at arm’s length. Those kids don’t need to be coming to games and such on our spiffy campus. They might steal stuff or use the bathrooms.

I bet you guys are fun at parties.
 #42627  by The Jackal
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:54 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm
We should try to break a world record. Like let’s see if we can get the most couples kissing at one time. We can get a grocery store to sponsor it.

Then get a huge crane to hang large mistletoe over the stands.

I was part of an attempt at a world record once.

I now have the distinction of being a part of what was then the third largest kazoo ensemble in history.
 #42631  by FUBeAR
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:33 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:50 pm
We should try to break a world record. Like let’s see if we can get the most couples kissing at one time. We can get a grocery store to sponsor it.

Then get a huge crane to hang large mistletoe over the stands.
That’s an awesome idea. Can you think of a really catchy name for a promotion like that?
 #42636  by fupaladin01
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 am
It’s laughable that more fans will come to games based on anything mentioned on a local news network or the local newspaper.
If you mean that the local televised news has little reach in terms of viewers due to declining ratings and thus social media is much more effective in promoting our brand, I can agree. Not sure how many people in the demographic we're seeking to attract actually tune in. HOWEVER..... if we've learned anything from the past few years of politics and pandemics, it is that perception is reality and the media shapes public perception.

If the local media covers it (print, tv, online, etc) it appears to the average viewer to be of some importance. Announcing our game or predicting a score takes precious little airtime but helps create the perception that our game is relevant. Consider: do LESS people attend because we are NOT mentioned ergo irrelevant/forgotten?
 #42637  by curiousfan
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:58 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Furmanoid wrote:

Ignorant comments like this is what prevents this school from experiencing success in 2021....trust me, I know several recruits and current players that “feel this tone” and don’t want to be here!....your “joke” is t funny!
Roundball liked this
 #43203  by hawg
 Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:35 am
I do not know what our current capacity is, but I would be surprised if it is more than 15K. The reconfiguration of sections 3 and 8 have made Paladin Stadium the most comfortable seating space that I know of in the conference or state or others I have been in including NCSU, UNC, Clemson, USC, Vandy, ASU, GaSo, Cit, etc.
I am opposed to the idea of tearing something down (and the $$$ spent) just to make it smaller - a huge waste of time and money.
We need to ride it out and see what our A.D. can make happen. Charging for parking was a good start. Reconfiguring sections 3 & 8 was huge. Unfortunately COVID has taken a toll. For many years, club level seating was sold out with a multi-year waiting list. Alas, today all you have to do is write a check for the tickets. Plenty of seats available.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.