• How do we fill our 16,000 seat Paladin stadium? Which Home Schedule is more appealing?

#42216  by Sad Din
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:20 pm
U can build the world's best mousetrap but if folks dont know about it not much point to it

Hope the budget includes some advertising... I85 billboards, radio, Hotels, mabe even TV spots. If not for the game but the other free stuff

At least something like this outside gates might help!

#42218  by AstroDin
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:12 pm
^^^ Your correct - Marketing is awareness, but you're limited to how much you have to spend $$$$$.

Do your homework… where does Furman Sports (Football, or another sport) sit in the mind of consumers in let's say a 60-mile radius. You also need to look into your roots (graduates, donors, faculty, staff, and students) too.

You need some answers to build a thoughtful strategy and not just rely on a shotgun media approach. Sorry to tell ya that ain't gonna work for Furman.
 #42219  by Sad Din
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:20 pm
There was a recent poll on ESPN Upstate. The question was which sports Team do you follow:

CU 54%
SC 25%
FU 3.5%
Other 18%

Between Anderson, Gville and Sprtbur county there's about 1M. 3.5% of that is 35k

If 1/3 of those came to games that would be a great day

But they gotta know... and then there's the 18% that might come just because they cant stand the other two
 #42223  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:25 pm
Sad Din wrote:
There was a recent poll on ESPN Upstate. The question was which sports Team do you follow:

CU 54%
SC 25%
FU 3.5%
Other 18%

Between Anderson, Gville and Sprtbur county there's about 1M. 3.5% of that is 35k

But they gotta know... and then there's the 18% that might come just because they cant stand the other two
We can only wish.
 #42226  by Affirm
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:07 pm
Sad Din wrote:

CU 54%
SC 25%
FU 3.5%
Other 18%

By your logic, >250,000 should be heading to Death Valley just from those 3 counties.
 #42590  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:30 pm
Just found out today that Furman charges full price for kids(5 year old). So a family of 4 would be $110 before you get in the gate, May not be a lot to some but it is a lot to a lot of people. Kids should be free or maybe $5. This makes FU not family friendly IMHO and keeps a lot of potential fans away.
underjack liked this
 #42594  by Roundball
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:31 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:30 pm
Just found out today that Furman charges full price for kids(5 year old). So a family of 4 would be $110 before you get in the gate, May not be a lot to some but it is a lot to a lot of people. Kids should be free or maybe $5. This makes FU not family friendly IMHO and keeps a lot of potential fans away.
You might want to check what Furman does against other schools. Wofford charges for kids over the age of 2. At Coastal, everyone, regardless of age, has to have a ticket. Furman looks to be very family friendly, with almost every other school requiring tickets for those over the age of 2 or 3. One exception is Samford. They have a great deal in which kids 12 and under receive a free general admission ticket when accompanying a paid adult, courtesy of Alabama Power.
FU69 liked this
 #42610  by Flagman
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:26 pm
We’re not likely to fill Paladin Stadium until our local tv station starts giving us more coverage. During the weather tonight they gave their predictions for Saturday games, but did not mention Furman.
 #42611  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
We’re not likely to fill Paladin Stadium until our local tv station starts giving us more coverage. During the weather tonight they gave their predictions for Saturday games, but did not mention Furman.
Lol, I noticed that. Email already sent.
 #42612  by apaladin
 Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:12 pm
Absolutely agree. Who, other than alumni, would pay $25 for a child to go to a SoCon game? Maybe that’s just the way it has to be based on unwritten rules, but I don’t get it. Clearly we aren’t getting all hung up on attendance.
Answer: likely no one and prolly very few alumni would pay $25 for a young child. I do remember once upon a time we did not charge for kids 6 and under IIRC. Students up thru HS was half priced. Correct me if I’m wrong.
 #42613  by apaladin
 Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Lol, I noticed that. Email already sent.
Flagman, Chris answered me back and said he usually does the game forecasts on Friday and woukd be doing Furman, Wofford etc. Said he just didn’t have time for all tonight.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.