• ETSU Game Thread

#4234  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:10 pm
fufootballfan81 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 pm
Terrible call. 3rd and 24 and you run it up the middle? They are gonna blow this game!
Yep, we've played not to lose once we got the 21 point lead.
 #4235  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:14 pm
We deserve to lose. Really taking knee without a fair catch!!!!!!!!!!
Riz Dawg liked this
 #4239  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:17 pm
*** - DID WE BLOW THAT WIT MENTAL ERROR????

MENTAL ERROR and then a safety. This is abysmal - this is ***Y as I have ever seen since the miracle on the mountain.

do yuo have to call fair catch?? I am asking
Last edited by gofurman on Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #4241  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:19 pm
We are a very bad team that is poorly coached!! Outscored 23-0 in the last 16 minutes by another bad team.

YES you have to call a fair catch!!
tim, fufootballfan81, bj93 liked this
 #4246  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 pm
I'm as big a fan of the program as any, but some of you all need to chill out. It's a game. The team had a bad night.

It's one conference loss on the road.
 #4249  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 pm
people talk about GUT CHECK - we FAILED. No denying it. EPIC FAIL. as the kids say. Once you get to 27-6 and you let them just carve you up and you also have mental sh***T like not waving for a fair catch when that your job so (though I may not know rule) HE SHOULD KNOW THE RULE. Mental errors. And man, once we had last shot where we only needed a FG they brought heat... and we couldn't handle it AT ALL.
Jasper liked this
 #4250  by youwouldno
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:36 pm
Furman was an 88% favorite in this game, even at ETSU and even after the Elon beatdown.

There's no silver lining here. As fast as the program looked to be back, it's completely disintegrated.

There are going to be those that talk about how it's far too soon to be really concerned, but the unfortunate reality is that the program is at a dead end. Last year was a fluke driven by a very talented, senior QB and Cronic as the OC. Neither of those conditions will be replicated any time soon, and neither will a successful season.

Well coached teams in the 2nd year of a staff just don't look like this in 2 straight weeks. Doesn't happen. Folks can deny reality for as long as they want, years, just like has been the case before.
fufootballfan81, Riz Dawg, FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #4251  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:37 pm
raleigh fan wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:35 pm
You can accept a bad physical night, but not a bad mental night, especially at Furman
EXACTLY. It's the mental that killed me.. not knowing a RULE??? inexcusable.
 #4254  by raleigh fan
 Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm
Second year actually is the worst year for most coaches. First year you probably have seniors who have never won, and deserve it. Then the next year the weaknesses of the previous coach show up in recruiting and other areas the fact we had a 5th yr QB and freshmen shows their was a recruiting problem. Yes the OC changed and that did hurt. the depth looks weak in secondary. Also the first recruiting class for a new coach can be spotty because of the transition that shows in year 2, I've seen several new coaches have a surprisingly good first year and then the second year have a terrible year because of all sorts of issues like bad luck, lack of depth/talent, and that's where the past coaches recruiting mistakes show up. We need the surprise QB transfer to show up from some school just to stabilize things next year even maybe just for a year. We need some leadership.
Fessor liked this