• MOVE THE TOURNEY OUT OF ASHEVILLE!!

#42169  by Furmanoid
 Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:27 pm
Roundball, you must be really rich if you think it’s OK that every bad guy in Asheville is entitled to $1k of your stuff. For some people a thousand bucks is a big deal.
 #42171  by FUBeAR
 Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:33 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Roundball, you must be really rich if you think it’s OK that every bad guy in Asheville is entitled to $1k of your stuff. For some people a thousand bucks is a big deal.
$93,950,000 is pin money to Roundball.

Erin Wissing has him on speed dial!
 #42175  by Roundball
 Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:53 am
Furmanoid wrote:
I don’t think its okay at all. In fact, those bad guys need to be locked up for a long time. All I am saying it what the law is in Asheville. I am not saying I agree with it. But, police officers do have more important issues than chasing down an UNKNOWN person who steals a $500 item out of a car. Note the rule states if there is solid evidence of the person, the police will pursue and make an arrest. Otherwise, it’s a waste of time for the police. And, by the way, $1,000 is a lot of money to me. I lived on a fixed income.
 #42182  by FUBeAR
 Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:46 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:32 am
Oh no! The Peace Center just announced mandatory proof of vaccination to enter the lobby and attend events.
Shouldn’t it really be Proof of Vaccination AND Proof of Negative Test within 24 hours AND include a mask check for proper fit, construction, etc. AND successful completion of a quiz on proper wearing of the mask AND a signed, notarized affidavit to always wear the mask properly?

FUBeAR wants to REALLY feel safe and a simple proof of vaccination doesn’t really get us there, does it?
apaladin liked this
 #42193  by Davemeister
 Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:27 pm
I have proof of vaccination but I don't feel the need to prove anything to the Peace Center. If they believe their venue is a hotbed of contagious disease then perhaps I am better off staying away.
 #42196  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:55 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:27 pm
I have proof of vaccination but I don't feel the need to prove anything to the Peace Center. If they believe their venue is a hotbed of contagious disease then perhaps I am better off staying away.
Then you want be going to the SoCon tourney?
FU69 liked this
 #42198  by Roundball
 Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:07 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 am
Will still go to downtown Greenville with friends and family because I feel completely safe. Asheville……uh no.
I was downtown today for several hours. Never saw a police person. One of the guys I meet for lunch each week is a constable, and he spends time riding with local police. He agreed that spending time to investigate a petty theft in which there is no known suspect is a complete waste of time, except for the individual being able to get a report for insurance purposes. Honestly, I am more concerned about this crazy open carry law than a petty theft.

Back to the original subject of this discussion. The SoCon is not going to move the tournament out of Asheville anytime soon. But, I wish it would come to Greenville. We have a much better venue than the dump that is the Asheville Arena.
Last edited by Roundball on Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jasper, underjack liked this
 #42220  by Roundball
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:46 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:02 pm
No cops in DT Greenville? Keep spewing that crap! The LEC is 1 mile down North St. practically across the street from Bon Secours.
I was on Main St. for several hours, as I am almost every Friday during lunch hour times. I sure they were close by, but I never saw a policeman. I seldom see one. I do see several when walking or running the trail while downtown. My point is, there is not much visible police presence in the main downtown area of Greenville during the day. That does not make it unsafe.
FU69 liked this
 #42221  by Furmanoid
 Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:59 pm
If the police don’t think it’s their job to deal with $1000 thefts, then it makes sense for people to carry guns so they can shoot the thieves ( then drag them up on the porch so they can claim self defense).The normalization of deviance in this country is out of control.
apaladin, underjack, Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #42246  by Roundball
 Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
If the police don’t think it’s their job to deal with $1000 thefts, then it makes sense for people to carry guns so they can shoot the thieves ( then drag them up on the porch so they can claim self defense).The normalization of deviance in this country is out of control.
In your example, the police will respond and make an arrest because the thief is known.
 #42247  by Furmanoid
 Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:20 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
In your example, the police will respond and make an arrest because the thief is known.
Huh? Of he’s known. He’s the dead guy on the damn porch. If he hadn’t got shot he would be an unknown guy running or driving down the street with $1000 worth of stuff.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.