• Furman Preseason Previews

#42035  by gman84
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:51 am
Apaladin, all of these interviews are available on furmanpaladins.com. The twitter interviews don’t require you to be a twitter member. I find it hard to believe that people can’t find these.
AstroDin liked this
 #42036  by AstroDin
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:46 am
Thank You, Bear, and G-Man — I thought about posting these along with the write-ups but sometimes — I go with the thinking, obviously, others are seeing these. Video is the name of the game today. Twitter is not just for random noise and political jabs, it's a treasure chest for sports stuff, and there is usually something new every day about Furman athletics from somebody.

Bear — beat me the post. As far as experience goes and level of competition Jace Wilson came into the pre-season with the most experience at QB behind Hamp. The good news is we're just getting started in camp and Furman has time to continue to develop a player like #10 Charles Watson. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a position switch for a player this season. This one is obvious. Locking up Maryville QB Carson Jones was a sage move by the GQ. I think we'll be ok here.

Yesterday's scrimmage was cut short due to thunderstorms (actually it never got started) but some things caught my attention.

Ryan Miller - looks good, really good, I feel he's posed to have a great junior season.
J Harris - hasn't seen the field yet playing in a college game, he looks ready to play. Don't take my word for it watch BB's video about the receivers. Harris will remind you of Ike West but he's taller and longer. Ike was 6-0 190, Joshua is 6-2 177.
The defense looks stout. The Dins have some serious speed all over the place on D. This defensive backfield is going to make some noise. With the young players already here and the cluster of three commits that will come in next year - C Wright is building a juggernaut at DB.
 #42037  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:56 am
gman84 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:51 am
Apaladin, all of these interviews are available on furmanpaladins.com. The twitter interviews don’t require you to be a twitter member. I find it hard to believe that people can’t find these.
Hard to believe that people can’t find these?
Believe it.
Some people NEVER “use Twitter”. Some of those who don’t “use Twitter” do access copied Twitter feeds in articles & in other other sources, like UFFP posts, & can open the links to the tweets from those.
 #42038  by gman84
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:50 am
Ok, I’ll believe it. 😉 I’ll be 60 in a few months, have 0 social media accounts. So I guess I’m in the NEVER crowd. For those that don’t know, go on the furmanpaladins.com site, click on football then go to the link bar and click on connect there you can have access to all of the social media platforms for football. Lots of info and daily updates.
 #42039  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 am
gman84 wrote:
Ok, I’ll believe it. 😉 I’ll be 60 in a few months, have 0 social media accounts. So I guess I’m in the NEVER crowd. For those that don’t know, go on the furmanpaladins.com site, click on football then go to the link bar and click on connect there you can have access to all of the social media platforms for football. Lots of info and daily updates.
Thanks Gman. Never knew about this. Got to admit they are pretty well hidden. One otter thing you have to click on videos on demand(youtube) to see the videos.
gman84 liked this
 #42041  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:32 pm
Many of them are on youtube as well.

Not following the social media accounts for content would be the same as not having a newspaper subscription or watching the nightly news 30 years ago. If you want the content, you need to go to where the content is.
Roundball, AstroDin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #42049  by gman84
 Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:12 am
gman84 wrote:
Thanks Gman. Never knew about this. Got to admit they are pretty well hidden. One otter thing you have to click on videos on demand(youtube) to see the videos.
Your welcome, hate it that you did not know about these sources! When I stopped reading the local paper and stopped waiting on the local news to give me Furman info I started digging around for other sources. I think you will have plenty of updates going forward. 😉
apaladin liked this
 #42081  by MNORM
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:24 pm
Could someone please share what time practice is tomorrow (Wednesday)?
 #42087  by AstroDin
 Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:24 pm
Corey has been off the roster before the pre-season for spring - maybe as far back as pre-2020 season.
As far as I can tell he's still a student at Furman.
Corey was a very good player - took a wicked hit against ETSU in 2019 and was shut down for most of the rest of the season.

Not kidding — Furman has a loaded backfield this season - I'm not sure where Corey would fit if he was still on the team?
 #42143  by The Jackal
 Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:23 pm
I have to think it is rare for a team to be this deep at running back. This backfield isn't like some of these option teams where they have one bowling ball and a few scat backs. Furman's entire group is a bunch of dudes.

I like the recruiting pitch here - Furman is going to run the ball a lot. They will manage each players load so no one is running themselves into the ground. Younger guys will have plenty of opportunities to prove themselves and earn playing time with the heavy rotation of backs.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.