• 2021 Speculations

#41865  by Affirm
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:54 am
My “dream speculation”:
We lose a close game against NCA&T and play a respectable game against NCSU but lose.
Then we win all the remaining regular season games, many of them very close. We win SoCon. Are unfairly denied a first round bye, so we play 5 more games in postseason and win the national championship beating San Diego, W&M, UC-Davis, Missouri State, and Montana. 14-2.
 #41867  by Furmanoid
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:52 am
My dream speculation is that the freshman qb turns out to be a phenom-not just slightly better than the incumbent but a freaking overlooked phenom. He finds a way to make us score 28 a game and we go undefeated. Then we only get better for 3 years as we build a line. We get so damn good that we can pick which of the new divisions we want to play in, the neoFCS or the one with Ball State and NMSU. We join the Sunbelt, start playing old friends again and FILL UP 16,000 SEAT PALADIN STADIUM.
 #41868  by Affirm
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:05 am
Apparently the thread now is about not just this year but also the next 3 years after as well as about conference realignment for Furman. Love it.
 #41869  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:39 pm
FUBeAR speculates that much brotherhood will be shared; many tales, advantaged by the years, will be told; many calories will be consumed; and much fun will be had at each FFPA Tailgate this Fall.
AstroDin liked this
 #41873  by AstroDin
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:29 pm
^^^ I don't buy it!
One thing is for sure — we're way off the radar now and it's firmly on VMI/Nooga and I guess ETSU. Which boggles my mind. I'm expecting our defense to be very good this season I also have faith our offense will rebound.
 #41876  by FUBeAR
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:54 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:39 pm
Yikes!

So this is the opinion of 10 random guys weighing in from their Moms’ basements…2 of them ETSU fans…and the other 8 having non-SoCon schools as their Fav FCS Team.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

FUBeAR is not gonna place any bets based upon this poll…wouldn’t be prudent.
 #41877  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Not sure I get all the fawning over UTC.

The Mocs didn't beat anybody soundly this spring (all of their games were squeakers). They postponed their first contest because they couldn't get ready. From reports, it looked like their team quit on their coaching staff mid season, played Mercer with a bunch of backups, and then just stopped playing out the spring. Rusty Wright is 9-8 since taking over.

By my rough count, UTC has over 30 transfer players on the roster. That's a lot. Even for UTC.

My speculation is UTC will work out well as a front runner, but will fold when the going gets tough. They have a lot of hired guns who aren't going to like adversity. They've already demonstrated they'll quit when things get difficult.
Flagman liked this
 #41881  by Flagman
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:10 am
The Jackal wrote:

The Mocs didn't beat anybody soundly this spring (all of their games were squeakers). They postponed their first contest because they couldn't get ready. From reports, it looked like their team quit on their coaching staff mid season, played Mercer with a bunch of backups, and then just stopped playing out the spring. Rusty Wright is 9-8 since taking over.

By my rough count, UTC has over 30 transfer players on the roster. That's a lot. Even for UTC.

My speculation is UTC will work out well as a front runner, but will fold when the going gets tough. They have a lot of hired guns who aren't going to like adversity. They've already demonstrated they'll quit when things get difficult.
AMEN!
 #41883  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:36 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:39 pm
FUBeAR speculates that much brotherhood will be shared; many tales, advantaged by the years, will be told; many calories will be consumed; and much fun will be had at each FFPA Tailgate this Fall.
That’s going in yet another different direction from which this thread (about how many & which games Furman can win on the field in 2021) can morph. But interesting that a few people apparently are able to have such great fun at Furman football games regardless of how the team is doing.
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #41884  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:39 am
Flagman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

AMEN!
I’ll keep praying for y’all to be right.
 #41887  by The Jackal
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:05 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:39 am
Flagman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

AMEN!
I’ll keep praying for y’all to be right.

Let me ask you this - you predicted earlier in the thread that Furman would lose to UTC by 30.

What have you seen that leads you to the conclusion that UTC is going to beat Furman by 4 touchdowns? "My gut" isn't an answer.

UTC - at least based on what I've seen the last two seasons - is "big hat, no cattle."
 #41888  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:15 am
I’m impressed by the hat.
Look - I do not know as much as many of the others on here about certain matters, but I still have the right to and the willingness to speculate. We were asked to speculate. I have speculated. No point in continuing to revise my speculation.
I already said from the very beginning that I hope I am wrong.
I hope you are not offended.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.