• Jason Donnelly

#41878  by apaladin
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:40 am
Is it just me or has JD pretty much disappeared? When he first came to Furman he was pretty much rah-rah and was doing a great job with interviews, videos! Emails etc rallying the fan base. Pure speculation here but I think he was hurt/disappointed when ED went back on her word when she gave him 5 years to come up with a plan for the athletic dept. I think ending the baseball program bothered him more than he let on publicly. Am I totalky off-base or do others wonder too? Open for duscussion.
 #41879  by Thorny
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:06 am
I would guess that Covid pretty much put a damper things for any AD or University President.

/More than Furman baseball was likely lost and many programs, including those outside of athletics, did not end up with the resources, funding, etc. they were told they would have.

Covid hurt Universities in a bad way.
Affirm liked this
 #41880  by Roundball
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 am
apaladin wrote:
Is it just me or has JD pretty much disappeared? When he first came to Furman he was pretty much rah-rah and was doing a great job with interviews, videos! Emails etc rallying the fan base. Pure speculation here but I think he was hurt/disappointed when ED went back on her word when she gave him 5 years to come up with a plan for the athletic dept. I think ending the baseball program bothered him more than he let on publicly. Am I totalky off-base or do others wonder too? Open for duscussion.
it’s just you. Call him up and invite him to breakfast or lunch.
 #41885  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:45 am
apaladin wrote:

Yes, you are totalKy off-base, I think. I think JD is working hard for Furman University (until he gets to his next big promotion to do AD work at a richer and higher profile school).

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.