• NC A&T - Sept. 4

#41641  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 pm
Their fans seem really excited about their first game in nearly 2 years. They say they will fill the visitors side and bring their large band. Looking forward to the opener. Could be the largest PS crowd in years. I think if we had made it a night game it would be packed or close to it.
dornb, DoomedDin1127, QCGlue liked this
 #41652  by The Jackal
 Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:13 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:14 pm
Their fans seem really excited about their first game in nearly 2 years. They say they will fill the visitors side and bring their large band. Looking forward to the opener. Could be the largest PS crowd in years. I think if we had made it a night game it would be packed or close to it.

They may, but I doubt it.

Furman's visitor side holds approximately 6k fans. NC A&T probably travels better than most visiting squads, but I haven't seen a visiting team come close to filling up the visitor side since Georgia Southern.

The NC A&T band is pretty big, but they report about 220 members. That's roughly half the size of WCU's Pride of the Mountains or JSU's Marching Southerners.

Just looking at historic trends, A&T doesn't appear to slam out visiting stadiums. Maybe they will have an increased level of excitement with missing last year and playing in a new conference, but I doubt we'll see anything approaching 16k.
 #41654  by FUBeAR
 Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:27 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:06 pm
We need to make sure we are not outnumbered by the Visitors and fill the Home side too!
Yep…we don’t wanna be Outmanned, Outfanned, and OutBand*…again.

* Quip Credits (circa 1982) to Coach Robert E. Caldwell, i.e., NOT a FUBeAR original
Last edited by FUBeAR on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DeepPurple, Davemeister, Chuckles and 1 others liked this
 #41657  by Roundball
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:50 am
It is highly possible that we will have the largest crowd in years, without having to spend a dime on advertising the game.
 #41658  by DeepPurple
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:34 am
I am excited for game 1. I sure hope this covid mess does not show its ugly side again and the fall turns into another zoo.
FU69 liked this
 #41671  by FUBeAR
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 pm
NC A&T game is SoCon game of the week which is Furman’s only appearance. FU, Samfird, UTC, and Mercer only make one appearance. Citadel is only one with 3 appearances. 😳😳
https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2021/7/ ... ckage.aspx
NexStar production crew must prefer knowing their bags will be well-handled by bellhops highly experienced in such activities.
apaladin, Davemeister, FU69 and 1 others liked this
 #41690  by Davemeister
 Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:31 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 pm
NC A&T game is SoCon game of the week which is Furman’s only appearance. FU, Samfird, UTC, and Mercer only make one appearance. Citadel is only one with 3 appearances. 😳😳
https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2021/7/ ... ckage.aspx
NexStar production crew must prefer knowing their bags will be well-handled by bellhops highly experienced in such activities.

And a crisp salute followed by "Carry On!" will do in place of a tip.
FUBeAR liked this
 #41693  by Affirm
 Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 pm
I do not like that Citadel has more appearances than any one other SoCon team.
At the same time, I would acknowledge that they may be the overall best-known school in the SoCon - or if not them, my guess is that it would be VMI.
Citadel - or possibly VMI - may have played more football games against schools currently Power 5, than any other current SoCon schools have played. So I am saying that specific aspect of football history, in addition to other history, would make those 2 the overall best-known.
Again, it’s not that I like that, but I believe it may be the truth.
 #41738  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:59 pm
affirm wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:19 pm
I do not like that Citadel has more appearances than any one other SoCon team.
At the same time, I would acknowledge that they may be the overall best-known school in the SoCon - or if not them, my guess is that it would be VMI.
Citadel - or possibly VMI - may have played more football games against schools currently Power 5, than any other current SoCon schools have played. So I am saying that specific aspect of football history, in addition to other history, would make those 2 the overall best-known.
Again, it’s not that I like that, but I believe it may be the truth.
Since 2010 Citadel has played one FBS game per year, much like FU. Since 2003 VMI has only played 3 Power 5 teams, Duke and Virginia twice, so that argument doesn’t hold much water. VMI’s last P5 game was in 2013. Citadel and VMI are off the radar in all other sports. I did see a game show a few weeks ago and the question was name the military college of SC. No one knew the answer! :D

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.