• 2021 Roster

#41550  by FurmanFan7
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm
It sounds like Minson was pushing HS in a very competitive First Summer session...
The Jackal liked this
 #41571  by gofurman
 Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:23 pm
Paul C wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:17 pm
Wait a sec, are you saying that sitting a player for poor performance would be considered player abuse?
I HEAR YOU man. I really do. Good grief what is wrong w society…. Play poorly - we can’t do anything! Yeah, that really prepares people for real life. I can hardly read this stuff without my stomach turning.
 #41576  by gofurman
 Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:00 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:32 pm
I think at this point some people had pretty much quit. The one unnamed guy REALLY quit and should be ousted from FUBeAR’s circle of trust. But it sort of looks like even if he had chosen to participate, it wouldn’t have mattered. Even before he opted out of blocking it looks like the QB turned and fled to the left. When he does that, it’s over. He can’t throw moving left. Had he stayed put, there is a ghost of a chance that he could have hit the slant before getting clobbered. Or he could have juked that guy and escaped to the right where he might be able to do something. Maybe not easy but QB’s do it all the time when I’m rooting against them.
I’m not big on the “quit” theory. No doubt it happens. I’m sure. But Citadel was having a bad yr - they lost to WCU! - and yet they came to win…. Is their coach just that much better at motivating ?? A coach can ALWAYS yank a guy and play the second string to make a lasting impression . I’d rather have 100% effort of a guy with less talent than 50% from a guy with more talent. the players have to know to give everything. Coaches should yank guys not trying - can’t have that give up attitude out there or it could be infectious. Play the third string if needed
 #41581  by The Jackal
 Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:51 pm
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Wait a sec, are you saying that sitting a player for poor performance would be considered player abuse?
I HEAR YOU man. I really do. Good grief what is wrong w society…. Play poorly - we can’t do anything! Yeah, that really prepares people for real life. I can hardly read this stuff without my stomach turning.

I imagine they have these classes because some coaches decide to lock kids in closets as punishment or other such nonsensical stuff that has nothing to do with being a better football team.

All of this is relative. It is a function of our collective existence that everyone believes that they had it tougher than the generations behind them or that the younger group is a bunch of nursemaids and coddled. If only they knew had tough WE had it back when men were strong and things were tough.
 #41583  by gofurman
 Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:16 pm
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

I imagine they have these classes because some coaches decide to lock kids in closets as punishment or other such nonsensical stuff that has nothing to do with being a better football team.

All of this is relative. It is a function of our collective existence that everyone believes that they had it tougher than the generations behind them or that the younger group is a bunch of nursemaids and coddled. If only they knew had tough WE had it back when men were strong and things were tough.
Jackal, True. Everyone thinks they had it tougher. However - this blows my mind - I KNOW my kid is allowed to cheat on a test and NOT be punished. They get to just take it again if caught cheating. That did not - in. Any. Way. - fly in my day. In our day, you.Cheat? Then you Get a 0. Now you get a full retake. Then minimum score on retake is a 50. Also. Worst score allowed for entire semester is 50. So any
Kid can scheme to do not much in one semester - get a 50. Next term get an 90 and pass fir year despite doing nothing for half a yr. only work half a yr and get a C. Objectively /numerically that IS different and easier
 #41584  by The Jackal
 Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:53 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Jackal, True. Everyone thinks they had it tougher. However - this blows my mind - I KNOW my kid is allowed to cheat on a test and NOT be punished. They get to just take it again if caught cheating. That did not - in. Any. Way. - fly in my day. In our day, you.Cheat? Then you Get a 0. Now you get a full retake. Then minimum score on retake is a 50. Also. Worst score allowed for entire semester is 50. So any
Kid can scheme to do not much in one semester - get a 50. Next term get an 90 and pass fir year despite doing nothing for half a yr. only work half a yr and get a C. Objectively /numerically that IS different and easier

Seems like that says more about the teacher than the student.
 #41585  by gofurman
 Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:36 am
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

I Wish you were right. Unfortunately this is the entire school (and most of district) POLICY. Blows. My. Mind. Can’t make less than a 50 in most middle or HS classes- Ask your teacher friends. I promise you it’s true. Don’t do ONE SINGLE THING all term.? Get a 50 for the semester. Get a 75 in semester 2 and you pass fir the year having done nothing - NOTHING - for an entire semester

You can even Cheat and you get to retake test w no punishment. What the administration told us
 #41586  by cavedweller2
 Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:38 am
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

Dr Chin circa 1982: “Ha,Ha,Ha. You cheat. You make F. Ha Ha Ha.” He wasn’t joking.
Davemeister liked this
 #41608  by FurmAlum
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:09 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

I Wish you were right. Unfortunately this is the entire school (and most of district) POLICY. Blows. My. Mind. Can’t make less than a 50 in most middle or HS classes- Ask your teacher friends. I promise you it’s true. Don’t do ONE SINGLE THING all term.? Get a 50 for the semester. Get a 75 in semester 2 and you pass fir the year having done nothing - NOTHING - for an entire semester

You can even Cheat and you get to retake test w no punishment. What the administration told us
I don't know where you live GF, but I can assure you here, the "you cheat, then you make F ha,ha,ha" policy still exists.
 #41627  by gofurman
 Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:56 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:09 pm
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
Paul C wrote:

I don't know where you live GF, but I can assure you here, the "you cheat, then you make F ha,ha,ha" policy still exists.
Glad to hear that ! seriously. I live relatively near our University... it's shocking. You cheat - retake; never thought I would see such
 #41628  by apaladin
 Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:54 am
FurmanFan7 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm
It sounds like Minson was pushing HS in a very competitive First Summer session...
Source?