• PRE-SEASON ALL CONFERENCE

#41606  by furmandad
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm
Not that these pre-season All SoCon predictions are meaningful, but ..... wouldn't you think 2020 All SoCon and All American TE Ryan Miller would get some love from the Coaches or Media??
FurmAlum liked this
 #41609  by FurmAlum
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:21 pm
That just shows how meaningless these preseason predictions are and how evenly matched a lot of the teams are. We could have easily won both the Chatty and VMI games if a few things had happened differently The games are won and lost on the field.

We are not getting a lot of respect from both the media and coach's polls. That's fine. Just win baby and everything will take care of itself.

P.S. As FurmanDad says how can you make several pre-season All-America teams and not be All-SoCon? Pre-season predictions mean nothing anyway. Can be a great motivating factor.
 #41610  by jesse174
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:06 pm
After last season...no respect...not surprising...hope the changes coach made will help, especially at QB...
 #41616  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:22 pm
I’m good. Seems like we have a tendency to over perform in years we don’t get a lot of respect preseason, and underperform when we’re the favorite
 #41673  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm
Don’t ever pay attention to preseason all-conference teams but this has to be the fewest “all conference” we’ve had in a long time. One on first team and 4 others with one of those a kicker. 😳
 #41675  by The Jackal
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:33 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:52 pm
Don’t ever pay attention to preseason all-conference teams but this has to be the fewest “all conference” we’ve had in a long time. One on first team and 4 others with one of those a kicker. 😳
So, don't pay attention to it, but do pay attention to it?
 #41676  by Furmanoid
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:02 pm
On the one hand it’s just a poll.

But on the other hand, the voters are guys we think know a lot about SoCon football, and they don’t seem to think we are very good.

But on the third hand, this is the SoCon so nobody is going to be all that supremely talented. Coaching is more important than minor differences in talent.
 #41684  by The Jackal
 Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:39 pm
Furmanoid wrote:

But on the other hand, the voters are guys we think know a lot about SoCon football, and they don’t seem to think we are very good.

But on the third hand, this is the SoCon so nobody is going to be all that supremely talented. Coaching is more important than minor differences in talent.

Just my observations, but the preseason polling has very little predictive capacity.
 #41702  by gofurman
 Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:55 pm
Furmanoid wrote:

It’s an interesting thing … we were listed a lot in the spring. And that .. did. Not. Go. Well

However I was very impressed w. VMI backup QB - Morgan. And now he’s listed second team already. I mean, you better believe Ingle and Felton and Dozier and Bratton were listed. And I love having those talents !

And we have some who are definitely talented and just didn’t have a great spring like A Hope. Dude is a killer at LB BANDT.

So Let’s play better as a team and get our guys back on there w some Wins!! Go Dins