• Where is CBR?

#41548  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:46 pm
Been 3 months since the last podcast with Dan. One of and just one of the things Ive always liked about CBR is how much he communicated with us diehards and kept us up to date on whats going on. He has done 50 podcasts or virtually one a month since he has taken over but now has gone 3 months without one and I think 5 months with only one. I know he is busy but prolly no busier than in the last 4 years. I hope he has not decided to discontinue the podcasts or do them just sparingly. Lots we would like to know about such as how has practice gone, what he thinks of the newcomers, scheduling, the NIL etc.
Last edited by apaladin on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
underjack liked this
 #41551  by bigpurple75
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:07 pm
I am somewhat concerned that we have not received any commitments as of today - as has been communicated. Usually we have one or two by this time of the year. But agree, would like to see how things are progressing at practice. Especially the newbies.
 #41560  by tya1
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:59 pm
bigpurple75 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:07 pm
I am somewhat concerned that we have not received any commitments as of today - as has been communicated. Usually we have one or two by this time of the year. But agree, would like to see how things are progressing at practice. Especially the newbies.
Not unusual, really. Over the past six recruiting classes Furman has signed 18 players. Only four committed earlier than August - Repass in March, Pugh and Anderson in June, and Alex Williams on July 30th. Five committed in August, three in September, four in October, and two after their senior years in high school finished.
 #41561  by FurmAlum
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:56 pm
Probably at Myrtle Beach with his wife and kids. Give the man a break.
Roundball liked this
 #41562  by apaladin
 Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
For the last 5 months?
 #41563  by Roundball
 Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:46 am
He has been busy. Like has been posted, give the man a break. It’s July, a few months away from the season starting. He is at Timmons almost every day coaching his players. If you a re desperate for information, call his office and set up a time to meet with him. Better yet, if you have thoughts on how to help him and the program, tell him that too.
 #41573  by tya1
 Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:59 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
July is a tough month for a college basketball coach to find time for a vacation. The three big shoe company travel teams all have their big summer finales in July, plus there are plenty of other tournaments going on too. Nike's Peach Jam event has been going on for the past two weeks down in North Augusta and at least three of the players with Furman offers have been down there. Other big events are underway in Indiana, Atlanta, etc.

Aug 6-15 is the next "dead period" when colleges can't see recruits. That is probably vacation time.
 #41593  by Furmanoid
 Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 pm
I was gonna say he was probably at the Peach Jam. Everybody else was. The event is out of control. No North Augustans allowed in the facility we paid for, but bigger crowd than ever (parents, coaches, vultures, etc) Even Lebron. The poor oppressed players all stay in upscale hotels in Augusta and get fed by North Augusta First Baptist so economic impact is minimal or nonexistent. Glitter is rubbing off of this event.
 #41598  by Roundball
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:33 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:58 pm
I was gonna say he was probably at the Peach Jam. Everybody else was. The event is out of control. No North Augustans allowed in the facility we paid for, but bigger crowd than ever (parents, coaches, vultures, etc) Even Lebron. The poor oppressed players all stay in upscale hotels in Augusta and get fed by North Augusta First Baptist so economic impact is minimal or nonexistent. Glitter is rubbing off of this event.
Sounds like a lot of positives to me. Big crowds, consisting of parents of all people, college coaches, and scouts. Making the players stay in upscale hotels is bad? Someone is paying for those rooms. And of all things, allowing a church to feed the players? My goodness, what is world coming to?
 #41600  by Furmanoid
 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:13 am
It’s a pain. The main access to our version of Swamp Rabbit is shut down. Ditto access to ball fields, tennis courts, weight facility, racket ball and of course basketball. We add a bunch of employees to run the thing. For a few days it’s OK but two weeks is a bit much. And this isn’t a very friendly crowd. Very stuck up from coaches on down.

Mentioned the lodging for two reasons. Get tired of being told to feel sorry for the poor abused athletes who are actually coddled all of their teen years. But also we are sold on this event for its economic impact, but in fact most of the money is spent in Augusta, GA. When they do need to eat in NA, the church feeds them so it’s hard to see where the economic impact comes from.
MetroMizzy liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.